Bad bad bad day (recovered bird)

where due you buy them from

where due you buy them from
eBay. I paid $19. Free shipping. Then all you need is goggle app. If you have an android device then litchi has goggles set. iOS you just purchase app fpv camera. Or cloudlight fpv

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
android person

Sweet. Then litchi will have all you need for goggles. It looks like you are Inside cockpit of aircraft. And the head control moves the camera as you look at objects.

Reactions: Squirrel!
that's just wild

Reactions: Squirrel!
Very cool for all concerned and nice looking out @skygear. There are many lessons for us in this thread. One more thought, learn your local laws. You may or may not have a case. Back in the 1990s my wife left an item on the side of the road because she needed help to get it placed back upon her van roof, only to find it gone when she returned. She contacted local law enforcement and they concluded that they had no jurisdiction because it was considered as abandoned. Like this case, it ended with a good person doing the right thing, but her lesson learned was, stay with you item, once you leave it you may have no legal rights. For the record, I don't agree with it, but it really happen and I wanted to share.

Good advice. But no one was thinking of a case. You would have to know who even had your merchandise to even think of something like that. And there is no way to know like magic or something. All you can do is ask people to give back. Like a lost puppy. Most people are honest. No need to worry about the ones that are not. Using that logic if I leave my car on the side of road and someone takes it. I have no recourse. Not so. And no one will know laws of every location. Just saying.

This is so great to read ! Glad you recovered your bird!
I think the fact that you did not go all postal and kept a calm cool demeanor really sent out good vibrations into the world around you.!

This could have been soooo much worse. Loosing an 8 stack of Benjamins is never fun.

Nice to see the forum step up to help with all the local guys. Makes me wish I was in your part of Florida to fly, but I'm on the West Coast.

I was already planning to just buy something else when Skygear reached out. He had already did his homework. Looked at Sd card. Saw my video. And looked at my avatar and saw same pic. And concluded. This for sure is his bird. Great work on his part. No amount of thanks can be enough. I figured dinner should compensate him. :)

On a vehicle I Agree and as I said I didn't agree with our experience, but it really did happen. We still laugh today every time we see a nice boat on the side of the road with a blown tire, free boat. Kidding of course, but it was clear that the law wasn't going to help us back then. I also concluded that some items would not fall into the category of abandoned, but I am never surprised by our lack of rights. All that aside, this ended well for you and I am very happy that many people are still good people. Cheers to you and all the helpful persons that came to your aid. I am also from the west cost.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Any one know how I can just buy a bird. Without all the extra. Just aircraft. I have battery. Charger and remote already. :). Props and case. Just need a new bird without buying all the extras. I'm willing to take used.

I would try eBay. I have seen birds only occasionally. Good luck. Sorry for your loss.

@mkewl & @NRJ, you guys should have read the whole thread... ;-)

The drone is home, Holmes...
Sherlock was not necessary...

RedHotPoker

Good advice. But no one was thinking of a case. You would have to know who even had your merchandise to even think of something like that. And there is no way to know like magic or something. All you can do is ask people to give back. Like a lost puppy. Most people are honest. No need to worry about the ones that are not. Using that logic if I leave my car on the side of road and someone takes it. I have no recourse. Not so. And no one will know laws of every location. Just saying.

Hey Tony that sucks! But I'm pretty sure if you go to Phantom Parts on their app they sell the bird by itself. Or they used too.

No stress guys. I want to get someone to 'chase' me at night running all of my lights. I have front, rear, and both sides. I bet it would make some great footage.

Tony, thank you for the reward. I treated my 4 children and I to dinner and we discussed life lessons. They decided they ALL want their own birds. So I took them to Siesta key beach after dinner with the Excalibur II Metal Detector. 4 rings and a handful of change. Over half way there for one bird.

As for the Pic. I am waiting for my buddy to pull it off the dlsr and stop messing with it in LightRoom. Probably later in the day Wednesday.

Could a MOD or ADMIN please change the title of the thread to [RECOVERED] Bad bad bad day -

TONY - you could also edit the OP - first post to indicate that it was recovered. Would help some of the others just joining the discussion.

As for my JOIN time and Lurking. I tend not to post or join a forum unless I have something of value to add to the community. In this case, my help in returning a bird.

Last edited:
I was already planning to just buy something else when Skygear reached out. He had already did his homework. Looked at Sd card. Saw my video. And looked at my avatar and saw same pic. And concluded. This for sure is his bird. Great work on his part. No amount of thanks can be enough. I figured dinner should compensate him. :)

Its great to make new friends in this life and especially friends who respect "Drone Life"

Reactions: Tony Cowan
The rule I've learnt (before I buy my first phantom) is, never ever fly these drones in any kind of wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter in South Jersey