Backpack necessities

Reaction score
I finally got my 5.11 Rush 72 backpack with the gpc foam case insert. Besides the obvious stuff what is some other gear that might be needed while out flying these birds?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hard to know what your version of obvious is. I carry a screw driver to attend to the persistently self loosening the tablet mount. Also handy is a spare tablet cable, matches, and some date roll (poo tickets).

Reactions: Loz
I went hiking with that backpack, and it was like I wasn't even carrying anything. Its support is great.

Hard to know what your version of obvious is. I carry a screw driver to attend to the persistently self loosening the tablet mount. Also handy is a spare tablet cable, matches, and some date roll (poo tickets).

'Some date roll' ....only in straya.....
Jewellers screwdriver set
8/10mm spanners to check the antenna and cabling mounts
Stupid Gilligan hat
Cleaning cloth
Sometimes the wife

Since I went hiking, food was brought along. I took the battery mod that day to test the p3p's range, so a range extender was also placed in there. Just bring extra props, batteries, and whatever you can fit in there, which is a ton! Microfiber cloths for cleaning the lenses and extra cables might also help.

Reactions: Marcus Gutierrez
Since I went hiking, food was brought along. I took the battery mod that day to test the p3p's range, so a range extender was also placed in there. Just bring extra props, batteries, and whatever you can fit in there, which is a ton! Microfiber cloths for cleaning the lenses and extra cables might also help.
Sounds like a good bag.

Here are some pics.
0c3f6422d701e5487e1d781b74ef7f84.jpg

f50df94a40a6ed65fe70e62301d7a983.jpg

b3fb3ea4fc438bf6b9338a386ff473a3.jpg

Lol. I have the 12 inch pro. But it's not cellular. Also that **** thing along with the controller gets heavy after a while. The pro fits perfectly in the pouch on the back where the water bladder goes.

So now you need the SD card reader for the pro. Actually maybe not (unless the mini has cellular data. I find it's great having the vids and pics sitting in my Lightroom and photos libraries on the desktop when I get home. Even edits you do in the field on pics are carried across to Lightroom desktop.

small roll of self amalgamating tape & a hammer. If the tape doesn't work finish the drone off with the hammer.

Reactions: tevek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72