Back in the air - Completely trouble free :-)

Reaction score
I had flown my Phantom 3 Advanced for a year and after a couple App updates initially, it became a blast to fly with never an issue. Then I underestimated a 120 foot tall tree flying at 150 feet (it was on a small hill). My P3 was not fiscally repairable so I waited till Christmas and upgraded to my first Phantom 4. With the new DJI GO 4 App, it had nothing but issues. Not connecting after booting up, colored bars across my screen when flying and repeated disconnects in every flight. All this using the same two Android displays that I had used for the previous year with the P3. I paid a reasonable restocking fee and returned it. I was done with DJI and their beta testing !

I just received my new Phantom 3 Advanced today and downloaded the original DJI GO App. I went to DJI's web site, downloaded the latest firmware, installed it and updated the bird, the camera, the battery and the controller (through wifi). It connected immediately and hovered and flew flawlessly. The 2.7K video was better than I need and simply beautiful. The horizon was perfect, the controls and readouts all perfect. The Google Maps displayed perfectly. Everything was as perfect as I remember it. No stress, no frustration, just fun :D

I had flown my Phantom 3 Advanced for a year and after a couple App updates initially, it became a blast to fly with never an issue. Then I underestimated a 120 foot tall tree flying at 150 feet (it was on a small hill). My P3 was not fiscally repairable so I waited till Christmas and upgraded to my first Phantom 4. With the new DJI GO 4 App, it had nothing but issues. Not connecting after booting up, colored bars across my screen when flying and repeated disconnects in every flight. All this using the same two Android displays that I had used for the previous year with the P3. I paid a reasonable restocking fee and returned it. I was done with DJI and their beta testing !

I just received my new Phantom 3 Advanced today and downloaded the original DJI GO App. I went to DJI's web site, downloaded the latest firmware, installed it and updated the bird, the camera, the battery and the controller (through wifi). It connected immediately and hovered and flew flawlessly. The 2.7K video was better than I need and simply beautiful. The horizon was perfect, the controls and readouts all perfect. The Google Maps displayed perfectly. Everything was as perfect as I remember it. No stress, no frustration, just fun :D
Choice ,just update me 34k but havent flown yet got WIND again,no not me,,,outside:)been on p4 lately so was time to blow cobwebs off me others before they rust in piece:eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl