AVL58 vs Immersion vs Boscam

Reaction score
Ok I know there are A LOT of threads about FPV and monitors. But I've sifted through them and can't seem to find what's the best setup at a reasonable price. The AVL58 seems to be more expensive becasue it comes with the rx? But I'd rather have a monitor that has an integrated rx and battery to cut down on wires, tape and clutter so the seperate rx would be a bit of a waste for me. So is the Immersion 600mw as good? Or the Boscam TS352? Similar ranges, reliability? The Boscam seems a bit larger than the others but it's hard to tell.

Also for integrated monitors, the Boscam Monitor from Helipal is only $189 vs $349 for the Lilliput. Is the Lilliput that much better?

I'm also considering just getting the full Deluxe package from Helipal http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one-fpv-combo-deluxe.html but just want to make sure the Boscam equipment is decent.

Any real world experience with any of these systems is appreciated!

I went with the Immersion 600mw and paired it up with the HySight Pearl matte 7" monitor with the Diversity receiver.
It's light, and was only $80 plus shipping. It works great.

One thing of note, when I soldered up the wiring, I mixed up the wires, accidentally hooked up 12V power to the camera power-out lead to the Immersion 600mw transmittter (tx) for about 10 seconds.
The tx became very warm, when I turned it on the video still seemed fine. When I went to my fly DJI Phantom 2, my video range was terrible. I could only get to about 50 yards before getting complete white noise. I probably blew the video transmitter amp, which would explain the 50 yard range!

I ordered another one, and not making the same mistake twice, wired it correctly, now my range is great, even with stock whip antennas, so be careful when you do your wiring, if you are not using the cam bus.

But after correcting my mistake, I am getting great ranges, over 800m+, before I chicken out and return home, and that's with the stock antenna. If I upgraded to the cloverleaf antennas, I would probably get an additional 30% of range.

Mstuart - thx for the heads up on the power. Is there a diagram that comes with the immersion that you need to follow? How did you discover your mistake and know how to correct?
I assume your monitor does not have a built in receiver or battery. The Black Pearls I see that have the receivers built in are $180. I plan to attach the monitor to the remote and I just think I will like the cleaner look of no attachments.

I just hit 2000m with stock rc, immersion 600m 5.8ghz tx, spironet antenna on tx, crosshair antenna from rmrc on fatshark attitude goggles. I might have pushed further but chickened out. Myhre video feed was excellent out and back with only a few points of interference. I just added the wiring harness from firstpersonview.uk for the fatshark tx and mini osd no soldering. Clean set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl