Interference on boscam 5802

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Im a newbie drone flyer and I have a
DJI 2 + with an Immersion 5.8GHZ transmitter fitted with a H3 3D Gimble, with my GOPRO 4 plugged into it, and a Boscam 5.8ghz wiress receiver.

i bought the drone itself off ebay with the gimble mod already attached to it.

So basically, since i bought my wireless receiver the picture has always been very poor.
After doing a huge amount of reading on this, ive seen posts about PAL / NTSC settings being a mis-match on either end, so for one - there is no way to adjust that element on the receiver itself, so i decided to change the seting on the gopro itself from PAL to NTSC which has made a slight improvement. Instead of loads of lines, it calmed down a great deal do the extent there was only minor interference in the form of the occasional quick patchy single line flashing for a mili-second or for the same time scale the picture can shake a little. I did this test sat on the couch and walked out into the garden which did the aformentioned.

So then i brought my drone outside and left it on my drive and walked about 200 metres away with the receiver in my hand to monitor how it behaved.... but then suprise suprise, it went back to being a lot of interference on screen again. Even at this point i pressed the search button and it scanned all channels and it looked as though it was about to show me the video stream, but then quickly went off so at this somewhat SMALL distance away, it could not pick up a video singnal / feed when I hit the search button.
Walking back to my drone again, the interference reduced but remained with a fair few lines.

I thought i'd managed to settle it down as there were no lines before i took the drone and receiver outside, only for it to become very poor signal and then once back in the house, lines then still showed ..... ALLBEIT FAINT ONES (see pics ive attached!)

I dont know what people mean when they say they set a channel on the transmitter as i cant see how its possible (on the set up i have anyway). The picture seems to be favoured on channel D1 evertime an auto or manual search is done.

Ive also seen people mention an 8th channel on this particular receiver, but no such thing on mine as it only goes up to 7 ?

Im aware the factory supplied antennas that came with my boscam receiver (duc type antennas?) ..... are a bit rubbish, so with this in mind I have just purchased a FatShark ImmersionRC 5.8GHz SMA RHCP Circular Polarized SpiroNet Antenna V2 FPV on ebay, to go on the drone to replace the current one i have so that should arrive tomorrow and i'll see if that helps over the weekend.
With this in mind, is it worth me buying 2 x more attenas to replace the aformentioned factory supplied ones on the receiver?

Ive included some pictures so you can see what my drone set up looks like and the interference im getting on my boscam receiver!

Attachments

• IMG_6832.JPG
    IMG_6832.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 314
  • IMG_6833.JPG
    IMG_6833.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_6834.JPG
    IMG_6834.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 362
  • IMG_6835.JPG
    IMG_6835.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 310
  • IMG_6836.JPG
    IMG_6836.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_6837.JPG
    IMG_6837.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 333
Hi peeps,

Im a newbie drone flyer and I have a
DJI 2 + with an Immersion 5.8GHZ transmitter fitted with a H3 3D Gimble, with my GOPRO 4 plugged into it, and a Boscam 5.8ghz wiress receiver.

i bought the drone itself off ebay with the gimble mod already attached to it.

So basically, since i bought my wireless receiver the picture has always been very poor.
After doing a huge amount of reading on this, ive seen posts about PAL / NTSC settings being a mis-match on either end, so for one - there is no way to adjust that element on the receiver itself, so i decided to change the seting on the gopro itself from PAL to NTSC which has made a slight improvement. Instead of loads of lines, it calmed down a great deal do the extent there was only minor interference in the form of the occasional quick patchy single line flashing for a mili-second or for the same time scale the picture can shake a little. I did this test sat on the couch and walked out into the garden which did the aformentioned.

So then i brought my drone outside and left it on my drive and walked about 200 metres away with the receiver in my hand to monitor how it behaved.... but then suprise suprise, it went back to being a lot of interference on screen again. Even at this point i pressed the search button and it scanned all channels and it looked as though it was about to show me the video stream, but then quickly went off so at this somewhat SMALL distance away, it could not pick up a video singnal / feed when I hit the search button.
Walking back to my drone again, the interference reduced but remained with a fair few lines.

I thought i'd managed to settle it down as there were no lines before i took the drone and receiver outside, only for it to become very poor signal and then once back in the house, lines then still showed ..... ALLBEIT FAINT ONES (see pics ive attached!)

I dont know what people mean when they say they set a channel on the transmitter as i cant see how its possible (on the set up i have anyway). The picture seems to be favoured on channel D1 evertime an auto or manual search is done.

Ive also seen people mention an 8th channel on this particular receiver, but no such thing on mine as it only goes up to 7 ?

Im aware the factory supplied antennas that came with my boscam receiver (duc type antennas?) ..... are a bit rubbish, so with this in mind I have just purchased a FatShark ImmersionRC 5.8GHz SMA RHCP Circular Polarized SpiroNet Antenna V2 FPV on ebay, to go on the drone to replace the current one i have so that should arrive tomorrow and i'll see if that helps over the weekend.
With this in mind, is it worth me buying 2 x more attenas to replace the aformentioned factory supplied ones on the receiver?

Ive included some pictures so you can see what my drone set up looks like and the interference im getting on my boscam receiver!

If you could post a video of what is happening on the screen whether it's just noise or interference would be helpful. Take a video up close and one from 200 meters away. Noise can be easily taken care of but interference on the other hand can be a little more difficult.

Check the in the monitors menu as there should be a setting for PAL/NTSC. I checked the manual online and it's very vague as to what is in the menu. The Chinese just do not understand how to write a manual.

If you could post a video of what is happening on the screen whether it's just noise or interference would be helpful. Take a video up close and one from 200 meters away. Noise can be easily taken care of but interference on the other hand can be a little more difficult.

Check the in the monitors menu as there should be a setting for PAL/NTSC. I checked the manual online and it's very vague as to what is in the menu. The Chinese just do not understand how to write a manual.

Hi there, i have just added 2 videos to show the interference i'm getting on the FPV screen.

I received my new antenna today so i've tried it on both drone and then onto the receiver but its not made a difference unfortunately..... still getting fast moving lines on the screen. There is no pal / ntsc setting on the monitor itself ...... i can 100% guarantee that. I took it into Maplin electronics shop this afternoon for them to look at and they think the monitor is capable of upto 30 frps, so as i have my fopro set @ 1080 with 60fps, this could be a potential conflict (which ive not yet adjusted), but i may try that later. I have tried to find out what exactly the FPS rate is for this monitor but i cannot find any info on that element anywhere!

One interesting thing i did notice (as per vid 2/2 which ive also uploaded) is that inititally when i power the drone on and the picture comes theough to the monitor, its crystal clear for all of 1 second..... but you'll notice in the video, after that split second when the gopro is wending power to the gimble and calibrating it as per normal procedure..... the screens on the line instantly appear???

Now, with this in mind i've heard of the Jellow effect caused by vibration ....... BUT looking at posts online, this is only jellow effect on actual recorded footage....... this is not the case for me, as ive already done some recording with the gopro on the drone and it was crystal clear..... whilst the monitor had its normal terrible interference on it! So this jellow effect is only affectig the monitor video, not the actual footage recorded on the camera itself!

Here is my youtube link to show the monitor with its fast moving lines down the screen (the lines can vary time to tome from light to heavier)

Here is my second youtube video which shows me powering on my drone and for a split second, the image on my monitor is crystal clear...... until the gimble goes through its quick calibration....

Any help on this would be appreciated?

Just for the record, I have just this second changed the settings on my GOPRO to 1080 @ 30FPS ..... but no difference i'm afraid!!

Still lines showing and just did another test by leaving the drone in the garden and walking away from it with the monitor in my hand and within about 30 metres the interference got so bad i had to just walk back to my drone.... were it wasnt a bad but still lines on there nevertheless!!

Hi there, i have just added 2 videos to show the interference i'm getting on the FPV screen.

I received my new antenna today so i've tried it on both drone and then onto the receiver but its not made a difference unfortunately..... still getting fast moving lines on the screen. There is no pal / ntsc setting on the monitor itself ...... i can 100% guarantee that. I took it into Maplin electronics shop this afternoon for them to look at and they think the monitor is capable of upto 30 frps, so as i have my fopro set @ 1080 with 60fps, this could be a potential conflict (which ive not yet adjusted), but i may try that later. I have tried to find out what exactly the FPS rate is for this monitor but i cannot find any info on that element anywhere!

One interesting thing i did notice (as per vid 2/2 which ive also uploaded) is that inititally when i power the drone on and the picture comes theough to the monitor, its crystal clear for all of 1 second..... but you'll notice in the video, after that split second when the gopro is wending power to the gimble and calibrating it as per normal procedure..... the screens on the line instantly appear???

Now, with this in mind i've heard of the Jellow effect caused by vibration ....... BUT looking at posts online, this is only jellow effect on actual recorded footage....... this is not the case for me, as ive already done some recording with the gopro on the drone and it was crystal clear..... whilst the monitor had its normal terrible interference on it! So this jellow effect is only affectig the monitor video, not the actual footage recorded on the camera itself!

Here is my youtube link to show the monitor with its fast moving lines down the screen (the lines can vary time to tome from light to heavier)

Here is my second youtube video which shows me powering on my drone and for a split second, the image on my monitor is crystal clear...... until the gimble goes through its quick calibration....

Any help on this would be appreciated?

It is apparent the shop you took the monitor to has no knowledge of how your monitor works as there is no difference between the operation of the monitor regarding whether the video is 30fps or 60fps. With over 20 some years repairing TVs and electronic equipment plus owning 5 monitors all of which have both PAL/NTSC i doubt your boscam monitor doesn't both frequencies in the menu.

Now for the noise on the monitor screen. Did you install an anti-interference (low-pass filter) inline with the gimbal? It helps in reducing electrical noise in the video signal. In addition to the filter grounding the cameras USB connector to a ground inside the shell. I did the same thing to mine and it did cut the noise on the monitor.

The patch antenna you bought is a very good antenna for longer flights without loosing video signal.but has nothing to do with the noise you have on your monitor. In addition to that antenna you should replace the stock antennas with RHCP cloverleafs one for the monitor an the other for the Video TX.

interference board.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_3940.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me on that one!
There is definately no option or setting on the receiver itself to choose between PAL / NTSC. Ive checked that myself many times over. With regards to the advice from the guy in the store, yeh i'm not sure on that one so i cant really comment on what he said (or what he failed to say etc!)

The youtube vids below and some of the different questions you are asking about anti-interference and low pass filters I have no idea about as i didn't mod the drone myself, i bought the drone like this off ebay. I have never soldered anything in my life, so taking the drone apart myself and doing all that would be too much for me!

Is there anything else you can suggest i try that doesnt involve taking the drone apart and somdering wires etc, or am i at a dead end until its checked?

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me on that one!
There is definately no option or setting on the receiver itself to choose between PAL / NTSC. Ive checked that myself many times over. With regards to the advice from the guy in the store, yeh i'm not sure on that one so i cant really comment on what he said (or what he failed to say etc!)

The youtube vids below and some of the different questions you are asking about anti-interference and low pass filters I have no idea about as i didn't mod the drone myself, i bought the drone like this off ebay. I have never soldered anything in my life, so taking the drone apart myself and doing all that would be too much for me!

Is there anything else you can suggest i try that doesnt involve taking the drone apart and somdering wires etc, or am i at a dead end until its checked?

If you really what to clean up noise you are getting on the monitor then doing grounding of the video USB connector on the end of the ribbon cable will work. Other then that there is no way you going to clear up the noise on your monitor. Improving you antennas will give you better reception but will not do anything about the noise.

Mine has been doing that since I bought it a few years back. Since I record on the card in the GoPro i don't let it bother me. It has nothing to do with the bird itself because the recording on the cameras SD card are perfect. It something in the built in receivers in the monitor.

It should not be effecting you recordings on the camera. It's just a nuisance.

Harold

It could be the 5.8 GHZ transmitter mounted on the phantom. I just didn't want to buy a different transmitter to try but that would be a place to start if it really bothers you. I assume your recordings on the SD card are good?

Mine has been doing that since I bought it a few years back. Since I record on the card in the GoPro i don't let it bother me. It has nothing to do with the bird itself because the recording on the cameras SD card are perfect. It something in the built in receivers in the monitor.

It should not be effecting you recordings on the camera. It's just a nuisance.

Harold

The noise on the monitor is caused by the electronic interference from the P2 and transmitted through the video TX.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20