Avegant Glyph FPV

I agree with Rick B. The sun isn't a big issue with my Glyphs. However, I don't normally fly into the sun as it doesn't product good footage and I don't want to point the camera that long into it. I know occasionally it is unavoidable especially when you are turning the bird around or panning an area. On those occasions the sun hasn't been an issue with the Glyphs. On bright sunny days I will wear the Glyphs with the headband over my cap which I wear backwards. This keeps the sun off the top of my balding head and is still a comfortable fit with the Glyphs!

Reactions: picky
I agree with Rick B. The sun isn't a big issue with my Glyphs. However, I don't normally fly into the sun as it doesn't product good footage and I don't want to point the camera that long into it. I know occasionally it is unavoidable especially when you are turning the bird around or panning an area. On those occasions the sun hasn't been an issue with the Glyphs. On bright sunny days I will wear the Glyphs with the headband over my cap which I wear backwards. This keeps the sun off the top of my balding head and is still a comfortable fit with the Glyphs!
I was referring to sun hitting your eyes from the sides etc..not the actual view.

I was referring to sun hitting your eyes from the sides etc..not the actual view.
The Glyphs do a pretty good job of blocking the sun. If you hold your head just right then the sunlight could shine in your eyes. Even so, the Glyphs are bright enough and the image can be seen. If it's mid day and the sun is overhead I like to wear a hat. But, then I would be wearing a hat anyway.

No problems the sun shining from the sides!

*UPDATE* Flew the drone today out in the country. Sun had just rose for a couple of hours. I had my back to the sun and quarter turned and it did blast me pretty good in the eyes. Was a quick fix to get situated but it did get me. All in all though; as with most things in this world, nothing is perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT