Autopilot is out, seriously.

Thanks, I will try moving my Litchi Homepoint tomorrow.

Are there any limits on the number of preprogrammed "Targets" or distances with Autopilot? If not, then its worthy of a test. DiluxEdition says it sucks....you?

Autopilot is a great alternative to the DJI go app. I have used it successfully now for commercial purposes and the zip line function worked great as well as the target function and I have used it with my Inspire and P3P with great success and no video issues what so ever but I do have the video channel hack in place so not sure if that makes a difference.

Was it ever stated that the purchase is good on both iPad and iPhone? One purchase, both devices?

Was it ever stated that the purchase is good on both iPad and iPhone? One purchase, both devices?

If you are asking whether the in app purchases can be used on two different devices then yes, you can use the restore purchases option from within the app.

Reactions: snerd
Anyone have an issue with Purchasing the Autopilot app. It said $19.00 but my card was charged $34.00. without the add ons.

Anyone have an issue with Purchasing the Autopilot app. It said $19.00 but my card was charged $34.00. without the add ons.
Mine charged $21and change, $19.99 plus tax, I also purchased the add -ons but those charges never showed up in my paypal. Maybe they charged you for mine LOL

Autopilot is a great alternative to the DJI go app. I have used it successfully now for commercial purposes and the zip line function worked great as well as the target function and I have used it with my Inspire and P3P with great success and no video issues what so ever but I do have the video channel hack in place so not sure if that makes a difference.

Have you been able to use the zip line with the starting point at a negative altitude from where you or the finish point is ? My slider goes down to 26ft and that's as low as she goes...

You don't say what you tried, but if follow me and it was moving in circles then you may not have been moving fast enough for it to determine the direction you were traveling in or your iOS devices GPS was a bit weak. You need to be moving at over 3mph from memory.

Well.. that probably explains it... I was being too careful as I have no idea if I can trust the app or not... I was literally stepping one to two feet at a time to see where it would go with my left index ready to dump it all and go back to 'trust' mode... which I did many times. I'll try and move a little quicker tonight. (yep... tonight.. sorry UAV police... it's when everyone else is asleep... "out of site, out of mind")

Never thought that being TOO careful would prevent me from getting it. :)

Autopilot is fantastic! Pair it with a barometer driven device (iPhone 6+) and altitude is incredibly stable. "Focus" mode is excellent. It takes a wee while to get your head around the variety of options, but it's well worth it. The app has incredible depth and infinite flexibility. DJI GO still has its place for sure but this app is on a different level.

I ordered a badelf 2300 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOBTNZG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00)

so that I could connect it my ipad air2 so that I could try and use this app. I didn't seem to be doing much connecting off my phone. I think it needs a direction barometer/gps location connected to the ipad air2 to work correctly it seems.

Can't believe how many times I put it down when it would hint at flying away on me.

Will probably not buy it. Examining their literature, and tutorials, their Target is almost a Waypoint, but not preprogrammable, much like DJI Go. You have to fly it and then select your waypoint with your altitude and speed and direction.
I don't know if there is any limitation regarding radius distance from Home like DJI Go (1640'). I used both DJI and Litchi today, While in the same area, Litchi did a great job on my P3P preprogrammed (5) 1000 yard legs. I have more tests to do tomorrow. The Litchi software suggests you can move your Homepoint by holding down the H while airborne, but not how you move it. Advice?

What device are you using for LItchi? And does it have a barometer and gps on it?

#1) how well do the channels work on this app? i.e. The GO app has the channel hack that allows u to use different channels so there's less interference. Does the auto pilot app have anything like this?

#2) Does the app consume a lot of the tablet/phone resources causing them to get hot like the pilot app does?

Any info would help before I commit to buying it. O, and I'm using iPad mini 2.

I waiting till my mini 4 get here and then I'll load it up

My mini 2 works ok with the Go App (I have external GPS) except it NOT bright enough

Just ordered the mini 4 now. The iPhone 6 plus works so well with altitude tolerances, I've sold my mini 2. The multi barometer environment gives incredibly solid altimetry. The P3 is a different bird now and holds altitude extremely well. It'll sit at a level and not move an inch, very impressed.

Just ordered the mini 4 now. The iPhone 6 plus works so well with altitude tolerances, I've sold my mini 2. The multi barometer environment gives incredibly solid altimetry. The P3 is a different bird now and holds altitude extremely well. It'll sit at a level and not move an inch, very impressed.
So true, I gave my iPad mini3 wifi to my son and ordered an iPad mini4 also. It's night and day difference to have barometer and GPS and larger screen. iPad mini4 should be sweat spot for me using Autopilot app.

I looked at AP, although I will still with GO for the time being, as reading the AP text, its better of the operator is on the move and non in a static position. Plus, to get the most out of AP I understand you need the latest apple air 2, iPhone 6 etc, as this uses a baramoteric sensor, I only have an iPad air.

i'm confused on how to use the app. Do I start DJI Go first and then open autoflight to setup my flight?

i'm confused on how to use the app. Do I start DJI Go first and then open autoflight to setup my flight?

DJI GO should be closed, you then load AFL. Also remember DJI GO might be running in the background so you may have force it closed by double tapping on the home button and swiping it closed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl