Autopilot 2.0 out now

Better ways to get your point across i think without the attitude and language regardless of your frustration. I think people have a right to ask questions, devs are not doing it for free and are being compensated quite well. Again Litchi is $20 and Autopilot is $53, why the disparity? Both have put a good amount of time into enhancing there apps. Remember that they only added features to existing programs, they haven't rewritten it from the ground up, right?

Oh that's right... Kindler gentler society where everyone gets offended. There is a price difference but look at any Windows vs. Apple platform. Your pay more for products that just work and you get what you pay for. Bottom line. If people want waypoints/GS, wait for V2. Problem solved. If the capabilities aren't worth it, don't buy it. Their sales numbers won't lie to them so I am sure they price according to their past releases for the earlier platforms.

Reactions: BigAl07 and FASTFJR
Oh that's right... Kindler gentler society where everyone gets offended. There is a price difference but look at any Windows vs. Apple platform. Your pay more for products that just work and you get what you pay for. Bottom line. If people want waypoints/GS, wait for V2. Problem solved. If the capabilities aren't worth it, don't buy it. Their sales numbers won't lie to them so I am sure they price according to their past releases for the earlier platforms.

I'm not offended at all, want to be a *** about it go for it, don't let me stop you :)

An iPad without a GPS receiver using an iPhone's hotspot WILL provide GPS data to applications on the iPad that request it such as Google Maps.
Everything that we have read and our testing shows this is not the case. Do you have a link to official documentation that can back this up, because if it is true that is great news.

Is there a video or written walkthrough from start to finish on setting up Orbit or Follow for the Phantom 3 Pro using an iPhone 6 Plus?
I want to try this out later today if possible.
We are preparing a series of tutorial videos that will be posted to our YouTube channel in the coming days and weeks.

Reactions: Wojohowitz
I have tried to tether my iPad mini 2 (wifi only) with my 6plus on LTE and am unable to get follow me to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm pretty competent with Apple products.

I have tried to tether my iPad mini 2 (wifi only) with my 6plus on LTE and am unable to get follow me to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm pretty competent with Apple products.
I think you're right. I don't think you can transfer gps data when tethering in that way.

The iPad knows where it is on the map too once it's tethered and using the iPhone's LTE!There is a link missing here.....

Yea ok but why would I want to upload all my data and everything to another site?
You don't have to, we are just showing what the options are. You are free to do what you will with the data files, which are all available in the base version of the app as stated here.

Can you clarify whether or not it has the ability to control gimbal pitch to maintain focus on an object?
Absolutely, check out the focus subject offset options in Flight School

You can even set the Focus Subject offset by just rolling the gimbal wheel and Autopilot will calculate it for you.

what is the difference between "joystick" mode vs "passive" mode for camera control?

and is it possible to have 2 POI like with Litchi? Ie, point A focus on 1 POI and Point B Focused on 2nd POI?

thanks
The various focus strategies are described in detail here.
The app can only have one focus point at a time right now.

I use an iPad Air (WiFi) which doesn't have built in GPS. What are the repercussions of this in terms of flying the Phantom, compared to, say, an iPad Air 2? I am thinking about adding a GPS receiver and am looking at Bad Elf or SkyPro. Does anyone have any thoughts on which system would work best;
The reprecussions of this are discussed in Flight School under the Operator Location Limitation section.

I purchased this app sometime ago to use with my P2V+ and was pleasantly surprised that the upgrades I purchased did indeed carry over to this new release...Thanks Autopilot for that...
No problem. I would like to point out that we did this as a thank you to all the early adopters - that is, we gave you guys free upgrades for the 50+ new features and settings that we spent considerable resources developing. Here is the full list of what the upgrade included.

Any way to possibly share the settings to achieve this type of flight?
Autopilot automatically generates a log of the Mode Controls used during the flight, so you could ask the creator of the video for the log. If you have some specific questions on how to set up a certain shot, feel free to email [email protected]

If it costs $20 for Litchi for more modes, Why is Autopilot costing 2.5 times for less functionality. If you start using the comments well development takes time and resource, yes you are correct but the Litchi dev put the same time and effort in for a substantially lower price point.
If Litchi can run a successful and sustainable business with their feature set and pricing structure, more power to them. Autopilot is priced in a way that allows us to continue creating a product that we feel is second to none.

devs are not doing it for free and are being compensated quite well.
You actually don't have a basis for saying this, as the only information you have is the sale price, but you do not know the actual sales numbers, or our cost structure as a company. I realize there is probably nothing I can say to make you believe me, but at this point I would classify this project as a labor of love, not a gold rush / price gouge session / insert other negative analogy here, etc

Remember that they only added features to existing programs, they haven't rewritten it from the ground up, right?
Not true, one of the defining differentiators of Autopilot is its custom Flight Controller, as discussed here.

The iPad knows where it is on the map too once it's tethered and using the iPhone's LTE!There is a link missing here.....
Autopilot uses the standard location services API built in to iOS. If iOS has a location (from whatever source), Autopilot will also have it. As stated previously, we are unaware of any documentation showing that tethered phones share their location.

Everything that we have read and our testing shows this is not the case. Do you have a link to official documentation that can back this up, because if it is true that is great news.

We are preparing a series of tutorial videos that will be posted to our YouTube channel in the coming days and weeks.

Thanks Autoflightlogic you have done a good thing here with this app, those of us that paid for it have done so knowing that you have sunk your soul into the app - Blood, Sweat & Tears! Keep up the good work, stay focused on your goals & priorities and it will hopefully just continue to get better & better!

Looking forward to some detailed "How To" videos on your YouTube channel [emoji106]

Thanks,

~ Wojo

Sorry but this thread is turning into nothing but a bunch of ********. We have guys out there like Steve Bailey who bust their butts and come up with the capital and time to develop applications to improve the capabilities of our P3's and all people do is complain about the price. How about this? If you can't afford the capabilities and technology, don't get the Autopilot App. We are very fortunate to have people designing and implementing software to give us freedom to choose which platform we want to shoot with based on our certain application. How dare anyone **** on a company who is helping our P3 community? I have said it before and I'll say it again... If you can't afford upwards of $50 (exaggerated) for a P3 app, then you shouldn't have spent money on a UAV in the first place. Go tool around with gas RC cars and pretend they are full scale. Give me a break guys, really. $50 is chump change for improving certain crucial tasks. A lot of work goes into developing these 3rd party apps including getting Apple Authorization, etc. cut the crap!!!

This tone is not necessary. Neither is the foul language. The value of something is what people are willing to pay for it. If some people think the costs is too **** high, that's their opinion.

This tone is not necessary. Neither is the foul language. The value of something is what people are willing to pay for it. If some people think the costs is too **** high, that's their opinion.

I agree with this whole heartedly if you can't afford then there is no need to try and bash it. It is a great app alternative for us all if we can see a use for it and the Autopilot folks knocked it out of the park in my opinion. I will be using the focus function and zip line function again tomorrow on a local commercial shoot and it just makes my job getting the shot so much easier.

Autopilot team please don't let these haters get you down keep up the great work and know that I am one happy customer with the application you have created for the P3P community....

People need to think of it this way...

If it's $50 and they sell 1,000 copies, they make $50K.

For that $50K, it's probably taken a year's work. That maybe ok money if you flip M branded burgers for a living but it's not exactly 'making it big' in the App or software game.

How much do YOU, the people complaining make per annum?

This company must make at minimum, a couple of thousand sales per year to be even remotely viable with the percentage Apple takes just for a single person to live adequately.

Buy or don't buy.

I plan to buy myself.

Hey guys I was looking at one of your recent video on Follow Me mode, great footage, nice to be able to always focus on the subject whatever the position of the quad.
Can you however confirm that you can have all sorts of remote interactions when in the Follow Me mode, as it seems to be the case in your vid - Ex when the quad crosses the road to do a sort of circle around the moving car.

Do you guys know if it has an auto gimbal roll adjustment? I'm looking for any way I can to finally have a consistently level horizon.

In the end, each additional mode takes considerable time and resources to develop, and we don't have the ability to offer these features as part of the cost of the hardware as we only sell software (see this discussion for more). Not everyone wants all the Modes, so offering Autopilot at a lower base price gives people the option to only pay for what they want, as opposed to paying for things they will never use - which seems to be the opposite of mugging.

'Lower Base Price'. I've given you and your startup the $20 to see what the marketing campaign is bragging about, so I'm more than a little put off by you saying this. I have a 5 dollar app that connects and changes settings on dozens of different brands of remote cameras - 3 of which I use. This 'labor of love' you are droning on about is hardly believable while we watch a fairly slick marketing campaign and tweets of you at phantom launches.. I can't even afford the Inspire and had to settle for the Phantom.

I have a saying I tell my customers.. I like making money. I need to make money. However, I don't have to make it all of you (the individual). You could've bundled the 'extras' at a lower cost.

If it's $50 and they sell 1,000 copies, they make $50K.

For that $50K, it's probably taken a year's work. That maybe ok money if you flip M branded burgers for a living but it's not exactly 'making it big' in the App or software game.

How much do YOU, the people complaining make per annum?

I make less than that. Much less. And I bust my butt to get it. Besides, what IS this app really offering that you can't do with the GO app aside from preflight planning and maybe some automatic (vertical) gimble movement. I'm not even sure that the GO app can't do that because it also offers a 'focus' feature and I haven't had time to play with it.

At the moment, this $20 app is doing nothing for me. 'Autopilot requires access to the operator location given the selected Mode Controls' while it has a home point and drone position on the map while looking through my camera is all I can get out of it. GO app cranked right up.

'Lower Base Price'. I've given you and your startup the $20 to see what the marketing campaign is bragging about, so I'm more than a little put off by you saying this. I have a 5 dollar app that connects and changes settings on dozens of different brands of remote cameras - 3 of which I use. This 'labor of love' you are droning on about is hardly believable while we watch a fairly slick marketing campaign and tweets of you at phantom launches.. I can't even afford the Inspire and had to settle for the Phantom.

I have a saying I tell my customers.. I like making money. I need to make money. However, I don't have to make it all of you (the individual). You could've bundled the 'extras' at a lower cost.

I make less than that. Much less. And I bust my butt to get it. Besides, what IS this app really offering that you can't do with the GO app aside from preflight planning and maybe some automatic (vertical) gimble movement. I'm not even sure that the GO app can't do that because it also offers a 'focus' feature and I haven't had time to play with it.

At the moment, this $20 app is doing nothing for me. 'Autopilot requires access to the operator location given the selected Mode Controls' while it has a home point and drone position on the map while looking through my camera is all I can get out of it. GO app cranked right up.

you seem really angry at this app and the developer - why not just NOT buy the app and move on? I also think think the price point doesn't work for me given the current feature set compared to other apps but then, I just let my wallet do the talking by not buying the app rather than berate the developer...

It's funny that the app seems to have a lot more supporters over on the inspirepilot forum....

Reactions: Sammynels
Thanks Autoflightlogic you have done a good thing here with this app, those of us that paid for it have done so knowing that you have sunk your soul into the app - Blood, Sweat & Tears! Keep up the good work, stay focused on your goals & priorities and it will hopefully just continue to get better & better!

Looking forward to some detailed "How To" videos on your YouTube channel [emoji106]

Thanks,

~ Wojo
But actually when I use the IPad tethered to the iPhone I get all the gps info on the DJI Go app...or is only related to the P3 being at the start point?...

you seem really angry at this app and the developer - why not just NOT buy the app and move on? I also think think the price point doesn't work for me given the current feature set compared to other apps but then, I just let my wallet do the talking by not buying the app rather than berate the developer...

It's funny that the app seems to have a lot more supporters over on the inspirepilot forum....

Exactly! Don't like the price? Don't buy it! And if you find yourself saying "But I really want it", well, maybe that's why it's priced the way it is.

Reactions: Sammynels and DanH
I'm not angry and if you had read what I wrote, I already purchased the app. It's not funny at all that the owners of the $3000 drones weren't given 'follow me' mode yet. Of course they are thrilled he's provided it. But being berated and called out are two different things. I contributed and I have the right to do this.

I haven't been a part of this community long, but their really are some good people here. Some donate 3D drawings to print parts. Some give years of experience away in videos telling how to edit our washed out videos..while others keep an eye out for those of us dumb enough to use plastic melting loctite on their drones..

Sorry if you can't see what I'm saying here, but I look at this place as a community, not a gold mine.

Reactions: Tanariel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart