Autoflight Logic - Quick Orbit Guide

All of the iOS developers including us are asking DJI for hardware decoding. The told us directly that their ultimate goal with the SDK is to expose all the features the GO app has (including hardware decoding), so we are hopeful.

Being in the UK the problem rarely affects me, and we had a cooler summer than usual but it does happen from time to time and I think the problem really started only in the more recent beta firmwares, obviously they did not strip out hardware decoding but it does suggest if DJI had it working once they can again.

How do we let DJI know that they have a customer base of yours who really need that hardware decoding?

Great stuff, thanks!

Black Box and Focus Mode are Human Flight Control Modes, which means that Autopilot does not send any flight commands (including auto-takeoff) to the aircraft. It is left to you (the human) to do it all.
What does your app offer if a person does not opt to pay another $ 20. for the in app purchases>

And if nothing why don't you list it for the $ 40. to have your app work with what you are saying it does and not the pretense it's $ 19.99 app.... Just be straight up with it and why don't you have way points ???? is that going to be $5 - $10 ...more?

What does your app offer if a person does not opt to pay another $ 20. for the in app purchases>

And if nothing why don't you list it for the $ 40. to have your app work with what you are saying it does and not the pretense it's $ 19.99 app.... Just be straight up with it and why don't you have way points ???? is that going to be $5 - $10 ...more?
There is no pretense. All of the features, including which ones are included vs offered as in app upgrades (and how much they cost) are listed in both the app description in the App Store, and right on our home page.

Yes, Waypoint Mode, will be an upgrade just like all of the other additional Modes. Our pricing model (and reasoning behind it) has already been discussed at length in this forum, and in other places.

Reactions: huntjock
There is no pretense. All of the features, including which ones are included vs offered as in app upgrades (and how much they cost) are listed in both the app description in the App Store, and right on our home page.

Yes, Waypoint Mode, will be an upgrade just like all of the other additional Modes. Our pricing model (and reasoning behind it) has already been discussed at length in this forum, and in other places.

Sorry if I offended you or the app but from what I can see the app without the purchases of in app offers very little ( am i wrong ?) I asked what your app offers for $20. and from the stated features as I look, it looks like your co-mingling the functions of the app with in app purchases.

I am sorry but I did not feel the need to look at the time or even knew of the discussed reasoning behind your selling an app for $20 . that seems to offer no benefit without another $20. so yes I see it as pretense and if you know that people will buy it knowing that they will see no use of it without paying for the only useful features of that app and promoting it and those features then be straight up about it and sell it for $40. expensive a bit.

And if this has been discussed seems to me others people have had the same thoughts or concerns.

Sorry it was too much for you explain for me! I Myself would like to see the worth of the app and Hoping that your app would fulfill the needs on the IOS side... Litchi is to me seems a better deal but I do like IOS more so then Android

Sorry if I offended you
Not offended, just trying to offer explanations with as much context and precedent as possible.

from what I can see the app without the purchases of in app offers very little ( am i wrong ?)
As far as Modes, Autopilot offers Black Box, Focus, Follow, and Intercept as part of the base price, in addition to over 50 new features and settings (that were included for free to existing users of version 1.1), which are listed in the changelog.

In the end we hope that you find as much value as many of our other users have, but we realize Autopilot may not be for everyone, and that is okay.

Last edited:
Reactions: huntjock
I am running iOS 9.1 beta. That may be the problem. Or maybe an issue with the iPad Air 2. Oh well no big deal;)

Regarding the map not zooming in to your location while loading on iOS 9. I found this today loading AFL for the first time on a new iPad Mini 4. For some reason the app did not request to use location services so did not zoom in on the map, I neded to allow AFL to use location services from within iOS settings and it worked normally. Perhaps this is what you were seeing?

works fine with DJI GO on Iphone 6/Ipad Mini 2 and with LITCHI on the Android.. just sayin' -- difference is in availability of hardware decoding... Not blaming Autoflight... DJI SDK limitation but it renders the app unusable - to their credit, they did not this in the flight manual...

I have found that the Ipad Air 2 will overheat with the DJI GO app when the temp is above 95 and it's not just a AutoFlight issue.

I have found that the Ipad Air 2 will overheat with the DJI GO app when the temp is above 95 and it's not just a AutoFlight issue.
I had the Air 2 reboot on me in midflight while flying with DJI GO. It wasn't 95° out, but it was in the mid 80's. Can I assume that was an overheating issue, or could something else cause that?

It's entertaining to me to see people complain about something they *want*. If you want it and every feature available then just buy it along with all the in-app purchases available. You'll have what you *want* and your stress will subside. True story!

Stop giving these guys so much hassle. If you think it's not worth it, then move on. I support their business model. It's great to see the entrepreneurial spirit here working for our hobby with what appears to be a fantastic piece of software. Think about what it's doing and the math required to pull it off. Great job!

Last edited:
Hi, I flew my P3P in AP Blackbox for the first time today but no map showed. The app in IOS 9.0 using an iPad Air 2 had location services enabled.
Any ideas why?

Hi, I flew my P3P in AP Blackbox for the first time today but no map showed. The app in IOS 9.0 using an iPad Air 2 had location services enabled.
Any ideas why?
What happens when you use that iPad to click on the Autopilot link I just posted above? I updated to iOS 9 last night and now get a black screen when going to different websites from my iPad, including Autpilot and my own webpages! I am told that there is a bug "in Apple's Safari implementation of the HTML5 WebGL" that is causing this. Until Apple fixes its Safari browser in iOS 9, we are hosed! That might also affect the map downloads. I just don't know yet.

What happens when you use that iPad to click on the Autopilot link I just posted above? I updated to iOS 9 last night and now get a black screen when going to different websites from my iPad, including Autpilot and my own webpages! I am told that there is a bug "in Apple's Safari implementation of the HTML5 WebGL" that is causing this. Until Apple fixes its Safari browser in iOS 9, we are hosed! That might also affect the map downloads. I just don't know yet.
Didn't see a link you say you posted. Can you repost? I should have known better than to dump my last iOS version (working perfectly) for iOS 9.0

Didn't see a link you say you posted. Can you repost? I should have known better than to dump my last iOS version (working perfectly) for iOS 9.0
It's now working for me, so maybe it was just a glitch while they added workaround html code, like I had to do this morning, too. The URL is Autopilot - Autoflight Logic
I'm kicking myself for upgrading, too! However, several of the new alternative flying apps require 9.0 features, so I wanted to be ready.

It's now working for me, so maybe it was just a glitch while they added workaround html code, like I had to do this morning, too. The URL is Autopilot - Autoflight Logic
I'm kicking myself for upgrading, too! However, several of the new alternative flying apps require 9.0 features, so I wanted to be ready.
Link works perfectly, so guess the solution to my problem lies elsewhere. After having had to put up with months of waiting for the map feature in Lightroom to work again after 'upgrading' to Yosemite, I thought I had learned my lesson to rush in to get the latest. Perhaps I will learn one day...lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures