Attititude Mode

Reaction score
Why is the A position on on the Phantom 4 called attitude when the altitude is the only thing being controlled? Just curious...

Thanks Just_nick. Makes sense...

Maybe, but it's not really correct.

In P mode, by adjusting pitch and roll, the FC holds position with the sticks centered, and holds course relative to the aircraft heading when elevator or aileron are applied. It also holds altitude by throttle adjustment.

In A mode the FC simply holds the aircraft level (pitch and yaw = zero) with sticks centered (i.e. it maintains attitude) instead of holding position and makes no attempt to counteract positional drift with the sticks centered, or to match course and heading when sticks are applied. , It holds altitude with throttle adjustments the same as in P mode.

In other words in P mode the aircraft controls position, attitude and altitude, while in A mode it only controls attitude and altitude.

Regardless, practice flying in ATTI. I fly three batteries every weekend. At least one flight is in ATTI.

We struggle with Atti mode as we are constantly flying in windy conditions and maybe also because we rely on hovering so much to determine where we are headed. I would love to see a video of you flying in Atti mode and some of your secrets negotiating that flight.

We struggle with Atti mode as we are constantly flying in windy conditions and maybe also because we rely on hovering so much to determine where we are headed. I would love to see a video of you flying in Atti mode and some of your secrets negotiating that flight.
Maybe this weekend. Weather looks promising!

You need to learn to use the radar display and you'll always know which way the phantom is facing

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT