Atti and speed error

Reaction score
Hi All

When looking @ my logs of my flight I notice that it goes into ATTI mode with a speed error ... what would cause that ? It did a "flyaway" to towards some trees so I did a "forced landing " lucky it was not to high . Also on Auto Takeoff I see that I get a negative value for Altitude . Attached is the log file

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-21_[08-54-33].txt
    526.9 KB · Views: 436
When looking @ my logs of my flight I notice that it goes into ATTI mode with a speed error ... what would cause that ?
Here's your flight record: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
At 6:41.3, when the error messages start, the flight data shows the following speeds (in mph) for each subsequent 0.1 second.
3.2 7.4 30 29.3 21.4 10 19.9 10.4 3.7 10.4 11.6 7.9 12 2.1
Clearly the speed cannot be jumping around like that and since the speed comes from GPS, the flight controller has worked out that the GPS data is wrong.
The Phantom can fly without GPS but can't handle a conflict between GPS and compass.
So it ignores the GPS data and your Phantom finds itself in atti mode.
The speed error message is showing that the flight controller has identified the speed data as incorrect.
It did a "flyaway" to towards some trees so I did a "forced landing " lucky it was not to high
Can you explain what you observed that you are describing as flying away?

yep it moved swiftly (accelerated) from its hover position to my left towards some trees ... my reaction was to land it as quck as possible before I lost control.and a ground landing might be better than hitting trees...there was a slight wind. sorry I tried to load the csv file from the phantomhelp page but it failed....but I see I should have posted the link......thanks for the help .....why would there be conflict between the gps and compass

yep it moved swiftly (accelerated) from its hover position to my left towards some trees ... my reaction was to land it as quck as possible before I lost control.and a ground landing might be better than hitting trees...there was a slight wind. sorry I tried to load the csv file from the phantomhelp page but it failed....but I see I should have posted the link......thanks for the help .....why would there be conflict between the gps and compass
You need to fly the AC atti mide, it won’t hold position- it will drift until it meets with an obstacle or land when the battery reaches critical level.

okay ..but unfortunately it changed to atti mode automatically and suddenly..I was hovering and taking a pic and then going to land .....as it was a few meters from me I didnt expect it to lose gps ...was on open farmland ...no wifi interference

why would there be conflict between the gps and compass
Because the GPS was giving false data - see the speeds I posted above.
Obviously they are not accurate
The GPS was providing position information that conflicted with data from the other sensors.
The flight controller can't deal with crazy data so it ignores it.

Your compass was reporting a yaw rate exceeding 250deg/s at 6:41 into the flight, this is abnormal. When the compass and GPS data don't agree the flight controller will ignore the GPS data entering ATTI mode.

Was it windy? Wind speed during the flight is reported as 7.2ms average with 9.9ms gusts (22mph). Not too windy to fly however would see you drifting nicely in ATTI mode if you weren't working to counter the drift.

Mine gives a compass error and goes into ATTI mode occasionally. I just bring it back and restart everything and usually it's fine.

I see you were getting some Magnetic Field Interference...do you know what caused that .....that might have being the cause of the P3S to go into ATTI MODE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka