ATT: Aussies. Officeworks now selling drones & accessories. Will beat any price (inc online!!)

Just for giggles while in officeworks (North Ryde NSW) tonight I took a phantom 3 battery to the counter and asked for a price match against DWI. After speaking to two managers it was explained to me that it was excluded from the price match as "it did not have an identical warranty'. While that is not the exact wording as in the terms and conditions on the officeworks website it is there. DWI have an 'in house warranty". You can't deal with DJI if you have a problem the battery (or whatever it is) needs to go to DWI.

I used to live in Ryde
Went to Malvina High
When I got my battery from Officeworks there were no probs
I printed vinpors receipt and took it with me

I used to live in Ryde
Went to Malvina High
When I got my battery from Officeworks there were no probs
I printed vinpors receipt and took it with me
Good on ya Mate- it's a good saving. I guess I could try another store however to the extent they want to argue their terms and conditions it's a weak argument to have ((officeworks comes with DJI warranty coverage which DWI don't provide).

Just for giggles while in officeworks (North Ryde NSW) tonight I took a phantom 3 battery to the counter and asked for a price match against DWI. After speaking to two managers it was explained to me that it was excluded from the price match as "it did not have an identical warranty'. While that is not the exact wording as in the terms and conditions on the officeworks website it is there. DWI have an 'in house warranty". You can't deal with DJI if you have a problem the battery (or whatever it is) needs to go to DWI.

Bummer - I was going to try the North Ryde store today. Was hoping they weren't across the fine print of their own T&C's :(

Just order from DWI if you have no joy with officeworks. The special prices we pay locally living in AUS are a joke.

If I can get one from Officeworks for the matched-price, that'd be my preference (for local warranty). Might try my local Central Coast store first. They have no stock (according to website) but I might be able to convince them to order in with the price-match.

The worst part about office works is they list tech items at discounted prices but only have a dozen or so in stock across the whole country. You can spend your savings in petrol driving to all the stores trying to find one.
The best part is when you do manage to walk into the first store and score one its usually a fantastic price.
Limited stock items they don't seam to allow online orders for , its store purchase only.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

The worst part about office works is they list tech items at discounted prices but only have a dozen or so in stock across the whole country. You can spend your savings in petrol driving to all the stores trying to find one.
The best part is when you do manage to walk into the first store and score one its usually a fantastic price.
Limited stock items they don't seam to allow online orders for , its store purchase only.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app
You can check store availability online before driving anywhere.

Tried OW North Ryde today. DWI is on their "blacklist" (as a parallel importer) so they refused.
Different reasoning.... same result.... in my case they argued that it didn't come with DJI warranty. Which is true we DWI and stated in officeworks T&C. DWI in house warranty on the battery is 2 years btw and they do the right thing when you have issues.

Different reasoning.... same result.... in my case they argued that it didn't come with DJI warranty. Which is true we DWI and stated in officeworks T&C. DWI in house warranty on the battery is 2 years btw and they do the right thing when you have issues.
He actually mentioned the warranty issue before he checked the blacklist, so I knew it wasn't going to happen.

If I can get one from Officeworks for the matched-price, that'd be my preference (for local warranty). Might try my local Central Coast store first. They have no stock (according to website) but I might be able to convince them to order in with the price-match.
I got away with it here in QLD
Where on the Central Coast are you?
I was from Budgewoi many years ago

You can check store availability online before driving anywhere.
That is true but Ive found its not always accurate especially on clearance items and hot specials - at least here in WA anyway.
You know what WA is short for "Wait a while " :-( buy the time things are available in WA the east coast has had them for 12 months

DWI price now up to $259.
$219 from AUS cameras. We are still getting reamed on pricing but it's something. DWI have upped the price to $259 AU also (same as phantom 4) I'm hoping it's an error. When I was about to buy the inspire with x5 the price jumped $700 overnight. I contacted them on chat and it dropped back within the hour.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart