ATT: Aussies. Officeworks now selling drones & accessories. Will beat any price (inc online!!)

Reaction score
Just thought I should share that Officeworks is now selling Drones and related products including DJI & Parrot drones and accessories. They have a price guarantee which means they'll beat any price by 5%. They not only beat bricks and motor stores but also online retailers. They had the Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery there for $288. I found it at DWIDIGITALCAMERAS.com.au $149 with free shipping so with Officeworks' price guarantee I picked it up in store for $141.55. Worth a look if you're like me and too impatient to wait for shipping.

Attachments

• 15178084_10154670678271322_7527147948903262308_n.jpg
    15178084_10154670678271322_7527147948903262308_n.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,387
  • 13532835_10154670678286322_4595092557714290598_n.jpg
    13532835_10154670678286322_4595092557714290598_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 496
Reactions: Phill2
They won't always match online prices and grey importers (sighting that it needs to be available and in stock at a retail presence). I have got away with it a few times though, you only need someone happy to press the price override button.

Reactions: microraptor
They won't always match online prices and grey importers (sighting that it needs to be available and in stock at a retail presence). I have got away with it a few times though, you only need someone happy to press the price override button.
Don't know how long it's been since you've had them price match a a product but they will beat prices on any of their products with identical products at other retailers, Inc online. It's on their website.

Lowest Price Guarantee

From their website
"What items does the 5% reduction apply to?

All identical products and services with identical terms and conditions that are stocked at Officeworks and in stock at our competitor."

"What about online stores?

Identical products are price matched against online stores but as with any other kind of store, the item must be currently in stock. When price matching online stores we also take into account the added cost of delivery. If the identical product can be purchased and delivered via an online store for a total price lower than the one we are offering, we will beat that total price by 5%."

Not sure if online includes ebay or greys. But I've bought many products from them this way and have not had issues. Routers, pc hardware, portable hard drives, SD cards, cameras.

I go there first with the cheapest online price I can find before I buy it online. If they don't stock what I'm after only then will I buy online.

Sometimes you get a salesperson who will also include the freight when beating the adversitied price. All depends on the sales person.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Reactions: philkr
Don't know how long it's been since you've had them price match a a product but they will beat prices on any of their products with identical products at other retailers, Inc online. It's on their website.

Lowest Price Guarantee

From their website
"What items does the 5% reduction apply to?

All identical products and services with identical terms and conditions that are stocked at Officeworks and in stock at our competitor."

"What about online stores?

Identical products are price matched against online stores but as with any other kind of store, the item must be currently in stock. When price matching online stores we also take into account the added cost of delivery. If the identical product can be purchased and delivered via an online store for a total price lower than the one we are offering, we will beat that total price by 5%."

Not sure if online includes ebay or greys. But I've bought many products from them this way and have not had issues. Routers, pc hardware, portable hard drives, SD cards, cameras.

I go there first with the cheapest online price I can find before I buy it online. If they don't stock what I'm after only then will I buy online.

Sometimes you get a salesperson who will also include the freight when beating the adversitied price. All depends on the sales person.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Last week....

They can weasel out of DWI price match as you don't get the same warranty coverage as when purchased from an authorised retailer. It's in the conditions. Good for you for getting your deal though. It's worth a crack.
They can try to weasel out of price matching but at the end of the day it's their policy and their guarantee. I haven't seen anything about the same warranty coverage in their conditions. I've never had to recite their price guarantee conditions to them either. Glad I got a deal on the battery. Only wish I new they stocked the actual crafts before I bought mine online.

Sent from my SM-G925I using PhantomPilots mobile app

They can try to weasel out of price matching but at the end of the day it's their policy and their guarantee. I haven't seen anything about the same warranty coverage in their conditions. I've never had to recite their price guarantee conditions to them either. Glad I got a deal on the battery. Only wish I new they stocked the actual crafts before I bought mine online.

It's in the conditions.... I'm not dirty on them re not matching DWI, if you have bought from them it's not fun getting something that has been made to look used with opened packaging (to sneak around the GST on import) manuals in foreign languages etc.

It's in the conditions.... I'm not dirty on them re not matching DWI, if you have bought from them it's not fun getting something that has been made to look used with opened packaging (to sneak around the GST on import) manuals in foreign languages etc.
Okay. Didn't know DWI was a grey importer. Guess I've been lucky with their policy up until now

I just looked at DWI and couldn't pass up their 20% off their already low price on a couple of P4 batteries to keep my P4pro flying until DJI can start delivering additional new batteries.
Two batteries for less than the price of one from the DJI store sounds like a good deal.

I just looked at DWI and couldn't pass up their 20% off their already low price on a couple of P4 batteries to keep my P4pro flying until DJI can start delivering additional new batteries.
Two batteries for less than the price of one from the DJI store sounds like a good deal.
If they have access to stock you will see them Monday at the latest. Not so long ago they had the inspire pro cheaper than the US price from DJI.

I bought mine today $141.55 - no probs
The manager commented that it was a big discount as he put it through

1 yr warranty at Officeworks
It's on the website with the battery

????....

To the extent I mentioned officework warranty (by implication) I was inferring that it would be better than that offered by DWI. I'm not getting your point.

• Brand
    Dji
  • Descriptive Colour
    White
  • Manufacturer Warranty
    12 month
  • Product Dimensions (mm)
    110W x 110D x 46H mm
  • Product Weight (kg)
    0.45 kg

I think I'm missing your point too ??

• Brand
    Dji
  • Descriptive Colour
    White
  • Manufacturer Warranty
    12 month
  • Product Dimensions (mm)
    110W x 110D x 46H mm
  • Product Weight (kg)
    0.45 kg

I think I'm missing your point too ??
Yes, perhaps you are. My point was with officeworks price matching policy. They can decline (in line with the stated terms) to pricematch where the terms and conditions (including warranty) of the competitor vary. In this instance you can't deal with DJI direct when you purchase from DWI. I never commented specifically on offuceworks however I believe they are the same, from DJI standpoint, as any other authorised Australian retailer (ie better than DWI).

Yes, perhaps you are. My point was with officeworks price matching policy. They can decline (in line with the stated terms) to pricematch where the terms and conditions (including warranty) of the competitor vary. In this instance you can't deal with DJI direct when you purchase from DWI. I never commented specifically on offuceworks however I believe they are the same, from DJI standpoint, as any other authorised Australian retailer (ie better than DWI).
I'm with you now

I'm with you now
All good.... I'm going to put the acid on Officeworks for a phantom 4 pro pricematch (hoping they will list the new inspire also but doubt it). I will go with DWI if I have to or buy while in HK for business however getting the local warranty would be preferred. DWI will sort stuff out but having the luxury of using the DJI repair facility direct is way more convenient.

Just for giggles while in officeworks (North Ryde NSW) tonight I took a phantom 3 battery to the counter and asked for a price match against DWI. After speaking to two managers it was explained to me that it was excluded from the price match as "it did not have an identical warranty'. While that is not the exact wording as in the terms and conditions on the officeworks website it is there. DWI have an 'in house warranty". You can't deal with DJI if you have a problem the battery (or whatever it is) needs to go to DWI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers