Assistant won't connect to PC

Reaction score
I got my Ph 3 weeks ago, from B&H. It has all 4 prop nuts CW tightening...Tx has throttle mid-position hold...if tthat places the sub-model.

Initially I had trouble getting the motors started. That straightened out for reasons I never understood, but I have been flying happily for 3 weeks now, @ 30 flights, no problems.

However, from the start, I could not get Assistant on the PC to interact with PH or TX an that problem continues to this day.

I have Assistant 2.18 installed. I think the Ph is operating on NAZA 3.16 When I boot the Assistant program, I get asked to allow the program to make changes to computer. OK. The initial screen reads NAZA M V2. (Do I have the NAZA V2 in my PH??). When I plug the energized PH into the PC via usb plug, the computer recognizes something new has connected and the Ph LED dims to constant green. However, from there NOTHING works. The first screen in advises me to update to NAZA V 4.00. I go past that. No response to TX stick movement. In Basic/RC I have PPM checked. No change. In Update it says no update available. In S/N it reads n/a and I get a screen explaining a 30+ number has already been entered and this does not need changing. Hmmmm....

Bottom line, Assistant non-operable. I am OK for now while I am on the steep part of the learning curve but I need to get assistant up and going.

Anyone have any ideas??

I assume your transmitter is turned ON when you try to see sticks moving in Assistant?

Well, a fix of sorts. I took a older PC running XP (and firewall was off) and tried an install on that computer....and it worked. It would NOT let me do anything other than upgrade to NAZA V 4.00. Apparently my native version was 3.1. I re-installed defaults and re-calibrated and tweaked various options and have re-flown.....so that all is apparently successful.

One clue on the Update page is that my S/N field is now filled with an apparent, long s/n.

In the install process one downloads the driver installer, then the Assistant versions separately. I think the Assistant can run through an apparent install separately but without the drivers....won't work. So, my recommendation to myself is....remove both and re-install. And, whether I wanted it or not, I am now running on NAZA V 4.00.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl