ARGtek range extender

Reaction score
i had nothing but bad luck with the ARGtek extender kit. This is for my p3se I only got half the range of the standard antenna so I changed it back . So much for there claims up to 4 times the distance .

Reactions: smackc4
i had nothing but bad luck with the ARGtek extender kit. This is for my p3se I only got half the range of the standard antenna so I changed it back . So much for there claims up to 4 times the distance .
Are you sure you have an original Argtek antenna? There are (from China) a lot of imitation antennas. The look-a-likes... :(

Reactions: smackc4
What was the model number of the ARGtek unit you used?

I just ordered an ARGTek kit for P3SE, hope to get it by christmas so I can test it on my brothers ranch. Ordered from official channel, not a Chinese copy. Here goes nothing, I hope to get some better results on video feed and controllability.

I have the ARGTek kit installed on my P3SE and love it. I still do not get 4km but very close. I like that my connection is a lot more stable with it installed. I really don not feel comfortable flying further than 4km anyways. I could only get maybe 2.5km with the stock antennas so it was a definite improvement.

I just ordered an ARGTek kit for P3SE, hope to get it by christmas so I can test it on my brothers ranch. Ordered from official channel, not a Chinese copy. Here goes nothing, I hope to get some better results on video feed and controllability.
Yes : Please report back and share your findings "good or bad".......And i sure do hope its a great report !

I have the ARGTek kit installed on my P3SE and love it. I still do not get 4km but very close. I like that my connection is a lot more stable with it installed. I really don not feel comfortable flying further than 4km anyways. I could only get maybe 2.5km with the stock antennas so it was a definite improvement.

Hi my friend,
I am very happy to see your post because I have so a P3 SE and as you said that the kit you have bought is well working, I'd like to putchase it to improve the range over 500 meters (CE norme in Europe)

Could you kindly give me informations looking the version of Dji Go software, and for ARGTek kit, the model, reseller, ... to be sure to buy the "good" one.

Ah ! are you working in CE mode (Europe) or FCC (US) ?

Thank's
RV

I’m in the United States so my aircraft is operating in FCC mode. I would go to the blue proton website and order from them directly if you are worried about getting a genuine product. It was very easy to install after watching the manufactures you tube video.

Can't wait to have my antennas, theyre stuck in Amsterdam for some reason. I think I'll have to go to CE mode so I can really try them out, as I know the limits here. Hope they fly to me during this year.

Can't wait to have my antennas, theyre stuck in Amsterdam for some reason. I think I'll have to go to CE mode so I can really try them out, as I know the limits here. Hope they fly to me during this year.
As long you have to wait you can test your range in FCC, and than you can share with us what improvements you have experienced :)

As long you have to wait you can test your range in FCC, and than you can share with us what improvements you have experienced :)

Unfortunately, I'm in the urban area and dont want to risk anyones property or health - or my drone which I have to pay for the next year or two. We have only 3,5h of daylight here which I dont even see because of working all day.

Today I put my bird on CE mode to check the distance again. Now it got really strange, I got over 120m distance and over 80m altitude with only a few image lags. I dont know if this is because of the -7C temperature, I know that at least sound waves tend to travel much farther in cold weather - or is it because of my fresh install.

I downgraded my Tab A to Android 6.0.0.1, wiped my cache partition and installed everything fresh. I turned video caching off to increase performance and it flew like a charm.
DJI Go and FW were latest and RC with stock antennas.

I have to admit that I still lack the guts to fly out to RTH point, since I dont want the bird to be stuck on a 15m pine canopy, where it would eventually sit the rest of its life while I'm still paying for it. I need to visit my brothers ranch, wheres practically nothing but swamp for miles at every direction. Even the bird came down, it would land softly on the over 1m of snow and could be saved.

Tomorrow, I finally get the ARGTek kit and will do the same test again to see how the transmission quality goes!

Unfortunately, I'm in the urban area and dont want to risk anyones property or health - or my drone which I have to pay for the next year or two. We have only 3,5h of daylight here which I dont even see because of working all day.

Today I put my bird on CE mode to check the distance again. Now it got really strange, I got over 120m distance and over 80m altitude with only a few image lags. I dont know if this is because of the -7C temperature, I know that at least sound waves tend to travel much farther in cold weather - or is it because of my fresh install.

I downgraded my Tab A to Android 6.0.0.1, wiped my cache partition and installed everything fresh. I turned video caching off to increase performance and it flew like a charm.
DJI Go and FW were latest and RC with stock antennas.

I have to admit that I still lack the guts to fly out to RTH point, since I dont want the bird to be stuck on a 15m pine canopy, where it would eventually sit the rest of its life while I'm still paying for it. I need to visit my brothers ranch, wheres practically nothing but swamp for miles at every direction. Even the bird came down, it would land softly on the over 1m of snow and could be saved.

Tomorrow, I finally get the ARGTek kit and will do the same test again to see how the transmission quality goes!

Thank you for sharing this. I'm curious which results will you get!

Thank you for sharing this. I'm curious which results will you get!

I got a few relaxing beers and pushed it to the limit. I got to 201m when it reached the RTH point, looked at the log created. I'm still shaking... o_O -5C now outside, no wind at ground level.

The weather forecast for tomorrow seems that I'm not flying much, seems that it's gonna rain snow, water and everything between that A LOT. Weathers gonna be like, as we say here, "it's raining knives and old hags" :)

The second try was only to try the S2 switch RTH for the first time. Hope to fly with ARGTek soon!

Last edited:
OK, first flight with ARGTek done. Weather was difficult, +1C and the trees full of wet, heavy snow. That really blocked the signal, I lost signal when flew behind one taller treetop with snow on it.
Slight improvement on the signal, now I reached over 240m before RTH, and could have gone a bit further if I had the guts to just push the bird to the limit. Image transmission was worse than on -7C on clear weather, now it was a bit misty. I think all those tiny drops of water in the air scramble the signal too.

Installation of the antennas took about 20min and was super easy, just watch the ARGTek video and you know how to do it.
Next, I'm switching back to FCC and break my records.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I got a few relaxing beers and pushed it to the limit. I got to 201m when it reached the RTH point, looked at the log created. I'm still shaking... o_O -5C now outside, no wind at ground level.

The weather forecast for tomorrow seems that I'm not flying much, seems that it's gonna rain snow, water and everything between that A LOT. Weathers gonna be like, as we say here, "it's raining knives and old hags" :)

The second try was only to try the S2 switch RTH for the first time. Hope to fly with ARGTek soon!

I see there are 20 m trees and you have flew only 40 meter high. It isn't possible, that the AC was in shade of trees?
Have you seen the drone clear in the moment of RTH?

I see there are 20 m trees and you have flew only 40 meter high. It isn't possible, that the AC was in shade of trees?
Have you seen the drone clear in the moment of RTH?

Correct, I flew in the shade of trees when lost connection. As you can see, my house is just next to this forest so it's impossible to avoid the shade. I lose eyecontact at app. 150m when I fly here.

There was a layer of thicker mist above and I didnt want to fly there, so I stayed at 40m. That doesnt show up on the video but was visible.

Correct, I flew in the shade of trees when lost connection. As you can see, my house is just next to this forest so it's impossible to avoid the shade. I lose eyecontact at app. 150m when I fly here.

There was a layer of thicker mist above and I didnt want to fly there, so I stayed at 40m. That doesnt show up on the video but was visible.
When you use the 5 GHz band, it does not matter what kind of antenna you use. The shorter waves used by the 5 GHz band make it less effective in penetrating walls and fixed objects. It also has a shorter effective range than the 2.4 GHz band.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I agree with Flick. The reason you might want to choose 5 ghz and have better luck with it is because the 2.4 ghz band is crowded with interfering signals such as common wifi.

Also - I hope you warmed that battery prior to flight!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT