Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

I've registered and now have the number to apply to all my drones regardless of make or model if they are within the specified parameters. I would not have, but the potential penalty just wasn't worth not registering.

If I wanted to purposefully do something illegal like drop a package inside prison walls, drop a batch of smallpox - bioterrorism style, etc, etc, I obviously would not register. I don't know if retailers are now required to register new owners when they purchase drones but unregistered drones are readily available on eBay and Craigslist. A terrorist could easily build their own.

Requiring law abiding users to register drones is about as idiotic as requiring law abiding gun owners to register guns. The people we really need to worry about aren't playing by anyone's rules but their own!

Exactly...

Did I read it right where it says only U.S Citizens have to register and that non -Citizens don't have to register..

There were several puzzling moments when I went to register my drones on the FAA sight on Dec 21. Including the above mentioned fact that non-citizens can't use the electronic registration process but rather the paper based process. Really? Another puzzler was the fact that I didn't register my drone. I gave my name and address for and payment (with future refund) and received an FAA registration #. No where was I asked what kind of drone I had or even how many…. weird…..

There were several puzzling moments when I went to register my drones on the FAA sight on Dec 21. Including the above mentioned fact that non-citizens can't use the electronic registration process but rather the paper based process. Really? Another puzzler was the fact that I didn't register my drone. I gave my name and address for and payment (with future refund) and received an FAA registration #. No where was I asked what kind of drone I had or even how many…. weird…..

No thats normal and how it is. They are not really registering any ones drones as much as its a registration of just any one that owns any drone or rc craft that is over .55lbs They dont care what evil drone some one has and just want to know who all us evil drone owers are.

Hey everyone,

I work for an aerial media company and I just landed a big deal with a real estate agent who is looking for aerial footage from different properties around the US. Would anyone be interested in filming for financial compensation?

couple questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,what is fine if you dont register? When is deadline? For me,,,,,,,,i dont have issues with privacy, my issue is that if you happen to crash your drone, someone finds it, brings it in to the authorities, etc, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then of course this drone is registered back to you and you have to deal with the authorities. OF course, thats the whole point of registering these drones so they have a record of what has occurred and to prevent people from causing damage, etc.

Hey everyone,

I work for an aerial media company and I just landed a big deal with a real estate agent who is looking for aerial footage from different properties around the US. Would anyone be interested in filming for financial compensation?

Canada does have it's ONE silly drone rule and thankfully does not require registration and the government has no interest in ever implementing such.
The one silly rule is that if you fly and receive payment for work you do with your drone you have to file a flight plan each and every time it takes off just like a pilot must for regular aircraft.
Kinda tough for each 20 minute flight. There is fortunately a 25 mile radius from takeoff point where one can fly around as long as landing at the takeoff "airstrip". This is primarily to assist SAR (Search And Rescue).
Again this is for commercial drone work only where financial compensation is received. If you barter instead for chicken, cattle or gifts it is not commercial flying.

Did I read it right where it says only U.S Citizens have to register and that non -Citizens don't have to register..
Then you didn''t read this far ...
Q11. Updated: Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for drone competitions required to register?

A. Everyone, including foreign nationals and tourists, who operate a UAS for hobby or recreational purposes outdoors in the U.S. must use the FAA's online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive the same registration certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents. However, this certificate will function as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the US.​

Another puzzler was the fact that I didn't register my drone. I gave my name and address for and payment (with future refund) and received an FAA registration #. No where was I asked what kind of drone I had or even how many…. weird…..

Yeah, it's not so much about registering each and every UAS, but registering "yourself" and then you're responsible for applying your number to any UASs you own.

I registered mine before first flight. Put it in battery area. I was surprised it's based on weight and not the abilities of craft.

Yeah, it's not so much about registering each and every UAS, but registering "yourself" and then you're responsible for applying your number to any UASs you own.

Same mode as Amat

You need some perspective....

Amateur radio has done this for decades.
Not weird at all.

Reactions: dgd3
Yes

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl