Anyone using the Ravpower 15000 Mah Battery Bank

Reaction score
Hello all,
I ask if anyone is using the Ravpower 15000 Mah battery Bank/charger with their Phantom because I believe it was suggested to power up a Sunhans 5.8 Ghz amp. However, I was simply wondering what size cable plug is used to input the amplifier on the Sunhans.
While the RavPower Charger provides a power cord and a few different size adapter plugs to fit various devices, none fit the amp input jack on the Sunhans amp.

Any suggestion and or specific info. would be greatly appreciated. Radio shack, and local TV & radio repair shops have proven useless.
I've also got an e-mail into Sunhans Tech Support, but getting info. from them is like speaking to some of the DJI support staff if & when you get thru. :?

I assume you have the newer Sunhans AMP (silver)? I just looked at mine and wow does that thing have about the tiniest tip I've ever seen! I mic'ed it at 2.51mm O.D.(the matching 2.4 Ghz supply mic'ed @ 2.55mm but the supplies are identical). I don't have a set of pin gauges or anything small enough to measure the center pin.

You probably don't want to do this, but you COULD cut the tip off the supply to make your own. I'm betting with a bit of research online you will find one.

Dirty Bird said:
I'm guessing one of these would work. Both right angle and straight are available.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...tip&_nkw=2.5mm+od+0.7mm+ID+power+tip&_sacat=0

Thanks much guys for your input, especially you DB, you da man! when it comes to this stuff, and can disregard my PM to you a few days back. I thought you may be able to procure the info. I was looking for. I actually thought you were presently using a 5.8 G Sunhans amp in your application & would have had some first hand info.

Thanks again to all who have responded.

Skynet1 said:
Thanks much guys for your input, especially you DB, you da man! when it comes to this stuff, and can disregard my PM to you a few days back. I thought you may be able to procure the info. I was looking for. I actually thought you were presently using a 5.8 G Sunhans amp in your application & would have had some first hand info.

No problem buddy! Hadn't looked at the amp power jacks until tonight. I wasn't expecting them to be so small. Ordered myself those connectors (I ordered straight & right-angle) so I will have them for my antenna mod. I have the FVPLR X3 antenna system, pinwheels for control & FVP on the Phantom, the 2.4 & 5.8 Ghz amps, and the RavPower. I have a spare RE700 extender, and I'm just waiting to procure a new transmitter to perform the mods. I can hardly wait to do the mod! :cool:

I too ordered some of those plugs. Thanks again DB for providing the info. link for the charger, and now the power plug,
That was a sweet find.

Al,

Skynet1 said:
Hello all,
I ask if anyone is using the Ravpower 15000 Mah battery Bank/charger with their Phantom because I believe it was suggested to power up a Sunhans 5.8 Ghz amp. However, I was simply wondering what size cable plug is used to input the amplifier on the Sunhans.
While the RavPower Charger provides a power cord and a few different size adapter plugs to fit various devices, none fit the amp input jack on the Sunhans amp.

Any suggestion and or specific info. would be greatly appreciated. Radio shack, and local TV & radio repair shops have proven useless.
I've also got an e-mail into Sunhans Tech Support, but getting info. from them is like speaking to some of the DJI support staff if & when you get thru. :?

This is the one I am using for powering the 12v Sunhans. http://www.ebay.com/itm/370792989010?ss ... 1423.l2649

I apologize for the late response RedBaron. Thanks much for this info, very helpful. I had been waiting for just the plug to be sent from the UK., but have ordered this cable as well, as the price was right.
Btw, would you know the overall length of this particular cable?

Thanks again,

The cable is only about 6 inches long. Due to the weight of the Ravpower 15000mah, I carry it separately in a small gadget bag and just plug into this short pigtail that I leave attached to the controller.

i have (2) 2.4ghz sunhans and (1) 5.8 ghz amp and plan to power all 3 with the RAV battery. the RAV is already powering the transmitter, the range extender, and my 7" tablet

why wouldnt you cut-up the existing AC adapters and use the provided tips? youre never going to use these adapters anyway, rt?

Dirty Bird said:
I'm guessing one of these would work. Both right angle and straight are available.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...tip&_nkw=2.5mm+od+0.7mm+ID+power+tip&_sacat=0

Sorry to report I purchased the 90 degree power plug connectors mentioned above, but found the plug configuration unable to accommodate the input jack on the Sunhans 5.8 Ghz Amp. Oh well, now we know, no biggie! I've got some straight connectors
as well as another complete cable which had been suggested here on the forum in route, so I'll update the info. later.

Skynet1 said:
Sorry to report I purchased the 90 degree power plug connectors mentioned above, but found the center pin .07mm still a bit large to accommodate the input jack on the Sunhans 5.8 Ghz Amp. Oh well, now we know, no biggie!
I've also got another complete cable which had been suggested here on the forum in route, so I'll update the info. when I get that one, it's suppose to fit OK according to the info. posted.

Those plugs don't fit? Too big to fit into the jack?

I apologize, DB. After further inspection I believe the issue is with the right angle connectors and not the pin size after all.
I hadn't ordered any of the straight connectors, but I believe they ( straight connector) will be able to fit within the opening of the amp. inlet and make a more secure connection. I've now ordered those as well, as I may have use for them with this and another project.
Hope I hadn't got you upset unnecessarily, I know you had order both, but the 90 degree ones just wouldn't fit properly. : )

Skynet1 said:
I apologize, DB after further inspection I believe the issue is with the right angle connectors, I hadn't ordered the straight connector, but I believe they ( straight connector) will be able to fit within the opening of the amp. inlet and make a secure connection. I've now order those as well, as I may have use for them with this and another project.
Hope I hadn't got you upset unnecessarily, but the 90 degree ones just wouldn't fit. : )

LOL I'm not upset for me, I just felt bad that I steered you in the wrong direction. Mine came in the mail today but I haven't tried them yet. I ordered both the straight & right-angle version. I guess I'll have to go try them out.

Hey man, no way, I really appreciate you responding, and finding the connectors which was great. Sometimes there is no real way of knowing if something is going to work or not until you try it. like I said, I'm glad you sent me the info. in the first place, these connectors were cheap, and I now believe you'll find the straight .07 mm pin will probably work just fine. : )

I've got this cable in route as well, Thanks, RedBaron
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370792989010?ss ... 1423.l2649
If you need a splitter cable,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261143284919?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Heads up do NOT order the straight ones they don't work either! :shock:

The amps have an unusual power port design where the plug is recessed into the aluminum and the outer barrel of the straight ones are too bug to fit into the recess. The outer diameter of the factory plugs (the plastic shroud just before the tip) is only 8.67mm and it barely clears the recess.

Going to have to do some searching. Note in a pinch you can always cut the cord on the factory supplies and use them to make your Y-cable since you are unlikely to use them otherwise.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl