Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anyone Taken Their Bird to Ethiopia, Madagascar, Rwanda, or the DR Congo . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phneeley, Jul 25, 2016.

1. phneeley

. . . .Thinking about taking the drone along and wondering if any one has done the same in any of these places?

Cheers,
    P

2. jonahex2099

I'd be interested to hear as well because I may be taking some trips to Tanzania and Zanzibar. Wondering if I should just buy one to keep over there since those trips will be quarterly....

3. Formstone

Delos takes theirs all over. I believe they had their P2V+ in Madagascar and maybe their P4.

A few Delos videos with their Phantoms;

Drone Action - Delos Sailing Crew

Shots from their P4 I think in La Reunion Island at the very beginning.

They appear to have few issues taking a Phantom all of the IndoPacific region as well as South Africa.

phneeley likes this.
  4. phneeley

Ethiopia, Madagascar, Rwanda, and Congo done! Enjoy the video! Didn't have any problems, though I didn't fly in Rwanda because there were legal restrictions advertised on a billboard at the airport. Ha!

5. jonahex2099

No problems getting through customs in any? I'm heading to Kenya, Zanzibar, Somalia, and Dubai in a few weeks and my work is debating buying me a Mavic before we go.... :D

6. phneeley

I'm sure each of these countries have their own drone regulations. I did get a few scrutinizing comments in Ethiopia, where one domestic airport official suggested I would have to ship the drone via cargo. Luckily, a higher ranking official said it was fine. Upon exit in Rwanda, I had to satisfy/prove to airport officials that I had not flown the drone while in-country (I hadn't, as I saw on a billboard that registration was required). But as far as customs upon entry, I didn't have any issues. I'm also fortunate to have a bit of a trump card that I can use in tricky situations: a diplomatic passport. Good luck! Post the videos when you get a chance. Would love to see them!