Anyone seen this happen or know what is going on?

Reaction score
OK, let me see if I can explain this without confusing everyone. I drove across town to a big city park where I wanted to fly, when I got there I did a compass cal. which took 3 tries. When it did take I got a full battery of flying in with no problem, landed and did a usual battery swap. When I went to take off the second time all was normal until I took off and the drone started to drift quickly to the right and was giving a warning about strong magnetic interference so I quickly landed. I retrieved the drone restarted everything and says another compass recalibration needed and it kept losing sat. signal. ( flying with Litchi ). So then I swap over to DJI Go and it kept saying either no sat. signal or firmware update needed. When all went green and I got good signal I took off and this time it drifted away from me. So I pack up and head home. Keep in mind I have 2 P3S's ( got lucky at Christmas ). Once home I went to try the firmware update and the drone goes haywire, camera gimbal but don't make its usual noise, drone does not make its usual beep it more of a deep louder constant beep and only one prop just kind of twitches with the beeps. DJI app say either firmware updated needed or transmitter signal weak. The camera is transmitting back to my phone but wont respond to the pitch command. I also looked to see if something needed to be calibrated within the IMU and its not reading anything at all, and the check IMU nor the calibrate IMU option would respond. My second drone is operation just fine. Any help , thoughts, suggestions prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

Here is a update to he drama, now the beeping sounds like a cheap toy ambulance, the controller beeps and it is giving 2 messages, 1- strong magnetic interference and when it quits that it will flash low transmitter signal.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound like an alarmist but I've recently stumbled upon some techie videos on YouTube that show people developing drone interruption devices. I suspect we're going to see a spike in people playing with us over the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan