Anyone seen this before?

Reaction score
I have been flying a P3A for several months and have had zero problems. Just got a P3P and on it's maiden flight, took some video and pics. I noticed on the video I would get random red and green dots or static. Also these can be seen in the pics. Any ideas of might be causing this?

Attachments

• DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 544
If these dots appear on the same spot, they indicate camera sensor issues like dead sensing pixels or settled dust particles. Was it a brand new P3P?

They aren't in the same spot and appear as static randomly. Sometimes there aren't any and others, there all over but mostly in darker areas of the photo or video.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you try a different memory card?

If not on the same spot, your camera is ok, next check your SD card. Use stock card and one more high speed card.

Yep, just tried I different memory card. It appears to always be there just can't see it as well in lighter areas. It's like static in the image and on video.

They are on the images on the card. Just got off a chat with DJI. They had me reset the camera settings and that seems to have resolved it. Will try some longer videos tomorrow.

Reactions: Reed L
What exactly did you reset?

Under the little wrench in camera settings, there's a reset settings button. That what I pressed. Images are clear now even the dark areas.

Reactions: sonof40
Well, that was easy :)

Thanks for sharing your fix. Hopefully it'll help other people.

Looks like zebra stripes (highlight alert) was somehow saved to the image on the card. o_O Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had something similar when doing long exposure shots at night. I'd get those noise particles. They'd be in the same spot in each photo. So I unscrewed the lens and held it up to the kitchen lights and sure enough there were tiny little dust specs. Cleaned the lens inside and out and all good now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl