Anyone know the exact specs for the prop guard and motor scr

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying to source thumbscrews to facilitate taking prop guards on and off.

My thought is that this would help with using cases as well as making prop guards more useful in the field by allowing them to be quickly installed only when needed.

Re: Anyone know the exact specs for the prop guard and motor

Mosleyh said:
I was thinking of trying to source thumbscrews to facilitate taking prop guards on and off.

My thought is that this would help with using cases as well as making prop guards more useful in the field by allowing them to be quickly installed only when needed.
m3 12 mm are the ones that came with mine and work perfect

CunningStuntFlyer said:
OI Photography said:
Just don't forget to use threadlock ;)

DJI warns against threadlock use. They claim it can cause the shell to corrode and/or crack.

Really then why do all there screws come with thread lock on them :?:

The motor mount screws go into metal. The shell mounting screws go into metal housings mounted to the shell. All those screws come with blue threadlock applied by the factory, as do the spares that came in your box. Not sure about the undercarriage legs as I've never taken those off, and the small cross-head screws at the end of each arm go into plastic direct and have no threadlock applied.

Yes, and as I said all the DJI supplied screws have threadlock applied from the factory, apart from those that go direct into plastic. Don't believe I told anyone to use threadlock, merely pointing out the facts regarding the stock, factory screws and bolts and their threadlock status and locations regarding entry into metal or plastic. I know you're a stickler for the facts. :)

CunningStuntFlyer said:
Pull_Up said:
The motor mount screws go into metal. The shell mounting screws go into metal housings mounted to the shell.

Yes, and DJI still warns against using threadlock when working with the shell.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that.

@Mosleyh: I've put some liquid thread lock on a few of the factory screws where the pre-applied "it's blue and it looks like threadlock but apparently isn't the same" stuff had worn off. No ill effects now (I just did a visual inspection to check)...but that's not to say it can't or won't happen. Disclaimers like that are usually done for a reason. So, use at your own risk.

I'm a little more concerned about screws backing themselves out than I am about progressive airframe corrosion or cracking...but carefully checking for both regularly is the best policy of all, whether you use threadlock or not.

And here's some actual data from Loctite (other brands of thread locking compound are available) including which of their products is suitable for use on plastic if you want to apply enough such that it drips onto parts of your shell...

http://www.henkelna.com/us/content_data ... _Guide.pdf

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl