screws for prop guard

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if somebody has had a similar experience or has any idea on how to solve this. I installed dji prop guards to my phantom 3 pro properly. A pair of them though didn't really take on.

The second I dropped the screw in the hole it went all the way through, didn't stop a little before touching the prop guard. I worked it and it never tightens.

I tried different things to help me reach to a conclusion as to which part is faulty and I think it's the drone.

tried different prop guards in the same part and the problem kept happening, tried prop guard originally placed where it didn't work in a different place and it worked. so prop guards are not at fault.

I thought that the female part of the setup for the screws fell further into the hole but it baffled me when I placed a small screw with no prop guard and it did work.

any ideas ?

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It sounds like you're either using the wrong screws or your prop guards were not designed to be used with the Phantom 3.

thanks for the reply

I bought everything directly from the dji web page.

I though that where the screw came out was faulty, maybe thicker than the other ones and that would prevent the screw from getting all the way down to where the screw should get. But I tried another prop guard and none worked in that specific place and they do work properly elsewhere. I tried different screw just to discard and same thing happened, a screw that works elsewhere doesn't work here. I'll send pics about what I mean.

Thanks again for the reply

Either you ordered for the wrong Phantom guards or DJI sent you the wrong prop guard. The one I installed (not from Dji) came with 2 bags of bolts, one each for P3 and P2/1.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

thanks for the reply Clipper.

What's weird is every screw fits tightly in the other holes. I can install 3 prop guards, but no matter which screws or prop guards (from the pack of 4 that I ordered) I use on that particular end, it just won't finish screwing, it wont get tight.

9bcf5becc5660d5d92ad637cb13b341e.jpg

this is my order, it says prop guards for phantom 3...

I think I found what's wrong. The part where the screw tightens fell in one of the bars, it's deeper. You'll appreciate it in the next photos.

Photo 1: Normal working part with screw on the hole without screwing it.

2aaea5730c70ad6f8bb08d94dd8854e0.jpg

Photo 2: Faulty part with 2 screws on the hole without screwing or turning them.

9636c4d6e1b01bcb456d46b26e6cca0e.jpg

See how far below they fall on photo 2?

any advice?

Can't you just push the motor up? I'm not sure of the guts inside that arm but I thought those 4 bolts/screws went directly to the motor so perhaps the motor has lowered without any screws in it.. Perhaps not though.

Edit, when I put my prop guards on I had the unit sittIng upside down resting on the motor shafts so when I removed my bolts the motors wouldn't have shifted or dropped down...if that is indeed the issue here. Perhaps someone with knowledge of what's going on inside those arms might comment.

The motor shafts are all pretty much at the same level. I did gently apply pressure to it though and it and it didn't move.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl