ANYONE IN THE READING AREA (BERKSHIRE UK) WITH A P4

Reaction score
Hi there - slightly unusal request. I am trying to find someone near Reading Berkshire (UK) who has a Phantom P4. I have recent brought a pair of Epson BT300 glasses for use with my P4 - however I am having a nightmare with them due to the really poor picture quality (pixelation). I have exhausted most avenues bar sending them back and getting my money back and trying them on another P4. What I am offering is for someone to try the BT300 with their P4 and see if they get the same poor picture quality - I will then know if it is the BT300 or my P4. I will add that when I use my iPad I have no problems.

I have one suspicion, I have a HDMI module upgaede which I had added to my RC controller when I was thinking of getting some shark goggles - I have read some posts on the internet that the lastest DJO Go Aapp has caused some issues with the P4 owners who have the HDMI module upgrade.

An help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi there - slightly unusal request. I am trying to find someone near Reading Berkshire (UK) who has a Phantom P4. I have recent brought a pair of Epson BT300 glasses for use with my P4 - however I am having a nightmare with them due to the really poor picture quality (pixelation). I have exhausted most avenues bar sending them back and getting my money back and trying them on another P4. What I am offering is for someone to try the BT300 with their P4 and see if they get the same poor picture quality - I will then know if it is the BT300 or my P4. I will add that when I use my iPad I have no problems.

I have one suspicion, I have a HDMI module upgaede which I had added to my RC controller when I was thinking of getting some shark goggles - I have read some posts on the internet that the lastest DJO Go Aapp has caused some issues with the P4 owners who have the HDMI module upgrade.

Thanks
I live in West Wycombe, I have a P3P with HDMI fitted to my controller - if you want we could try them to see if you have a faulty HDMI or work thro your problem? Ken.

Im near stonehenge with a P4 with hdmi if i can be of assistance

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks
Hi Neil
I know a chap who might be able to help. Ill drop him a note. He is windlesham based so not local but not too far away. He fixes Drones as well so might be able to pass on some knowledge.
Cheers
Rich

Neil.
Do you still need help with this ? I know someone who is local that can help.

Last edited:
I live in West Wycombe, I have a P3P with HDMI fitted to my controller - if you want we could try them to see if you have a faulty HDMI or work thro your problem? Ken.

Hi there thanks very much for responding.

Since I posted the thread I did a lot of digging and have found the issue. I posted an answer to the problem which is here:

http://www.phantompilots.com/conversations/epson-moverio-bt-300.92233/

Scroll down to my post dated 9th February if you want to see the full explanation.

Thanks again for your offer

Hi Neil
Strangely the link doesn't relate to your FPV issue . Something completely different or does via my phone currently using. Both myself and another multirotor flyer are local to you . Would be good to see your setup perhaps when the weather improves for flying ? My recent investments are Inspire 1 and Phantom 4 pro. Cheers. Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Neil
Strangely the link doesn't relate to your FPV issue . Something completely different or does via my phone currently using. Both myself and another multirotor flyer are local to you . Would be good to see your setup perhaps when the weather improves for flying ? My recent investments are Inspire 1 and Phantom 4 pro. Cheers. Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Rich,,

Technology ahh.......... ok so below is the body of the text I put up for the solution I eventually found:

"Thanks for coming back. As I mentioned further up the post the I experinced the exact same problems with the DJI GO v3.1.2 app before trying the DJI GO 4 app. I have done some digging around on the internet and I think I may have found the main issue I am having which is the progressively awful pixelation of the video steam (recorded video is fine).

I came across the attached article at rcgroups.com. There are reported issues with the most recent RC firmware (V1.8) in that poor feed (what I have been suffering) can occure after upgarde and in particular for those who have the HDMI module fitted. I had the HDMI module retro fitted as I was initally looking at buying a set of shark goggles to connect a HDMI feed. I have now rolled back the firmware on my RC to V1.6 and a staric tests (without flying outside) show the pixelation has virtually dissapeared. A test flight will confirm if this is 100% absolute.

So in summary my problem appears to be the most recent RC firmware (V1.8) and the HDMI module added to the RC controller may also be a signifcant contributing factor. Hopefully DJI will issue an upgarde that will address this problem.

PLEASE NOTE: Anyone rolling back their RC software should be aware that I believe if you are do not have the latest firmware on your bird and you roll back your firmware on the RC and then later upgrade your RC firmware before upgarding the firmware on your bird it will not work - please check on the internet and understand the correct sequencing of firmware upgrading bothe RC and the bird"

I over in Reading so not far away......... when the weather improves happy to catch up and give the Epson's a go see how you get on with them. I have had limited flyinh time with them now I have them set up and teh good weather we had a few weeks ago has gone (typical). I was lookinga t the inspire at one point would be interested to take a closer look

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen