Anyone has P4 series working with tablet and Glyph ?

Reaction score
I have installed an HDMI-out module on my P4P RC. I want to use my iPad to run Litchi and use Glyph for head tracking.
I connected the HDMI on RC to Glyph's HDMI. I believe I need to connect a USB hub to RC and connect both IPad and Glyph to the hub.
Does anyone have this setup working ? Which USB hub should I use ?
Thanks.

Hello again, your goggles are connected to the output marked HDMI on your newly fitted module. Your ipad is connected to the USB output at the other end of the newly fitted module. In the app, select simulataneous image and OSD and you should be right to go. It's how it works on my P4, so I am assuming it will be the same on the P4P as there is only one type of HDMI module supplied by DJI.

tevek you are using both USB connections on the back of HDMI-out module of RC ? !!! And it works ? If that is the case, I would be so pleasantly surprised :)
I was told specifically that the micro USB port on the RC module cant be used for headtracking or anything alike !
Cheers

image.jpeg
tevek you are using both USB connections on the back of HDMI-out module of RC ? !!! And it works ? If that is the case, I would be so pleasantly surprised :)
I was told specifically that the micro USB port on the RC module cant be used for headtracking or anything alike !
Cheers
On the P4 I am using the HDMI output for the goggles and the USB output for the iPhone. No head tracking for fatsharks on the P4.

Here is the one video where it was shown to work with a hub...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The hub shown in the video is this one...

4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with High Speed Adapter ON/OFF Switch for Laptop PC | eBay

(note that it is the usb 2.0 version. 3.0 is also available but I can tell that is not the one in the video)

It's a long shot but I ordered one anyway. For a few dollars it's worth it to me. I use Android like in the video. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Thanks qtonic. Some USB hubs seem to need a driver and intended to be used by a computer. Some are indicated to be able to expand/split the display. I guess the latter is needed for this configuration.

Is that a range extended antenna ? Looks interesting.

Back to topic,
What is your experience with dji and Avegant tech support. Surely they should know what setup (USB hub) works for head-tracking !
I will try contacting both for that.
Frankly I am sort of disappointed at both companies. Me buying a P4P for a reduced price on eBay and realize afterwards that I only have eBay seller warrant, not dji ! In spite of amazing technology that Glyph has, it has been out for a while and they still don't have Bluetooth audio. It feels like they abandoned their customers.

For clarity's sake, is the USB on HDMI-output module 2.0 ? I believe it is.
I believe the only "splitter" for USB is one is for data, the other for power. It doesn't make sense to have a USB splitter to replicate the signals. USB is bidirectional. Technically, when you connect the RC USB to Glyph, they should be able to talk to each other. Both should also have the the drivers already installed in the firmware.
The main suspects are buggy or incompatible drivers. With all that, why would a different hub make it work or not work ? Both Glyph and RC are self-powered, so there is no power issue.
Any takes ?

HI Yip I better start saving...picture made me drool:oops:...
Well I would have got a DBS mod but couldn't find anyone locally that supported it. Happy just the same and given the amount of flying you do, you will be impressed with a quality mod. Hate to think what antenna mods would cost in New Zealand judging by some of the costs you have posted in the past. Australian prices are absurd but yours are unbelievable.

Received reply from Avegant support regarding head tracking support for P4. In brief, they said that dji does not support head tracking for 3rd party goggles. They also have no plan of supporting Bluetooth audio.

"Thank you for reaching out to our support team. DJI recently released their own set of goggles and in doing so they have removed support for third party head tracking compatibility. We apologize for the inconvenience. They may return this functionality down the line but we doubt it.

We don’t have plans for Bluetooth audio on the Glyph at this time.

Thanks,
Avegant Support"

Well I would have got a DBS mod but couldn't find anyone locally that supported it. Happy just the same and given the amount of flying you do, you will be impressed with a quality mod. Hate to think what antenna mods would cost in New Zealand judging by some of the costs you have posted in the past. Australian prices are absurd but yours are unbelievable.
Yip top $$$$$$ here,,sad,,,sorry for late reply dropped me tablet and it went offline till now,,,yes very nice set up,,,be easy for me just to buy complete,,,might get costly buying bits to set up:):)but saving has begun,,,,,

Yip top $$$$$$ here,,sad,,,sorry for late reply dropped me tablet and it went offline till now,,,yes very nice set up,,,be easy for me just to buy complete,,,might get costly buying bits to set up:):)but saving has begun,,,,,
I thought I was the only one that dropped expensive stuff....the combined antenna/booster set up over here is about $450AUD, I got a bloke to do the RC install as I didn't want to stuff it up, the battery mod takes ten minutes and one beer to finish and test.

I thought I was the only one that dropped expensive stuff....the combined antenna/booster set up over here is about $450AUD, I got a bloke to do the RC install as I didn't want to stuff it up, the battery mod takes ten minutes and one beer to finish and test.
HI OK that not to bad I was thinking $1000 mark somewhere,,,going to look into it,,,..Yeh was my new 10/1 Samsung tablet,,$600,,,chip the corner,,,:eek: iPad I wanted bit out there on price,,,good to look at good size screen,,:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan