Anyone good with Gimbal Software setup want to help me out?

Reaction score
Gimbal doesn't lock in 100% moves gradually in flight.

I installed GLB gimbal last night and programmed it this morning. Did a test flight next to my house and I love it. It reduced the camera shake 500%. I have one minor issue that I'm sure is a software setup issue. While the gimbal does remove all the shake and sway of the phantom, it still moves in the direction that the phantom is tilted. So if I tilt forward it will prevent camera shake and tilt the camera up to compensate, but once it finds that the dji is staying at the forward angle the servos will slowly and smoothly angle the camera down to match the tilt of the DJI. Does what I'm saying make sense?

Basically, what its doing isn't bad. I'm sure its an option I would want to enable every now and then, but for the purposes of everyday use I would prefer to enable a 100% lock on so it will always shoot facing the direction that is set. Does anyone know what I need to update in the software assistant to resolve this issue?

Re: Anyone good with Gimbal Software setup want to help me o

I did a little more research and I think the settings for gimbals in general are called 'fixed tilt' for a full lock and 'follow tilt' for the setting that I have up now. I just don't know what its called in the DJI software or how to change it.

Re: Anyone good with Gimbal Software setup want to help me o

I figured it out. If anyone else has this issue the trick is to set your pitch gain to '0' and the lens will stay locked. This is also good for people who want to have some very smooth movement to the cam. If you set the pitch gain to 1 or 2 (or even 5) the gimbal pitch will gradually follow the quads movement, but not in a jerky way. so if the quad pitches down. You cam will stay fixed at first and then slowly catch up with the quad if it stays at the same tilt. Adds a nice effect to your vids for times you would need that look.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl