Any tips for cooling down the battery?

I have the Cambodian Tire 1000w, same brand. Just need to wire it up to the truck or solar panels.

I alternate between 2 batts and always let them cool off somewhat before charging. Not a problem in -15c weather.

I see no problem with cooling off in the fridge. It won't take long. I would put them in a zip lock bag though. After removal from fridge, let them come up to ambient temperature before opening bag to prevent condensation. An old trick from the film storage days.
You see no problem why? I see a potential big problem because charging a lipo at significantly low temps can see the resting cell voltage rise above max safe design rating when the temperature is increased. Can easily puff a cell but almost certainly reduce service life of pack.

You see no problem why? I see a potential big problem because charging a lipo at significantly low temps can see the resting cell voltage rise above max safe design rating when the temperature is increased. Can easily puff a cell but almost certainly reduce service life of pack.
I guess you missed this part. "After removal from fridge, let them come up to ambient temperature before opening bag to prevent condensation."

I guess you missed this part. "After removal from fridge, let them come up to ambient temperature before opening bag to prevent condensation."
No, there could be cooler areas within the cells like waiting for a steak to thaw out.

From a practical perspective time in fridge and stabilisation to ambient time combined would likely provide no benefit if the intentnis to get the pack on the charger quicker.

Did you get extra chargers too? I have already ordered a third battery, but can see where more plugs would help?.

I should have updated my count, with my two 100w battery chargers. Yes, I had purchased a second 100w @DJI charger, and find this an awesome way to keep my flight kit ready, set, "Go". ;-)
I can charge two batteries one after the other, on one charger, in the time it takes for the RC to complete its charging time.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl