Any S800 drivers out there?

Reaction score
This may be the wrong question fort the wrong forum but.

Question for any S800 drivers out there.
How do you control the iris, focus and zoom on the camera. It would seem that wireless lens control would be to heavy to fly. Just wondering out loud.

Thanks in advance,

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audaciter said:
I think for a professional setup, they have two controllers, one guy flys, and the other controls the camera.

Your right about that as far as gimbal control. I was just wondering about lens control. Do they use follow focus? It would seem that there would be a weight issue.
Thanks.

E

Audaciter said:
You might want to contact Patrick, at Aerial Media Pros dot com. I'm sure he can give you a 100% reliable answer.

He's a really nice guy to deal with too.

Will do, thx.

E

BruceTS said:
I thought about getting an S800 until I watched the crash videos. Those thing are way too fragile!

The expensive cameras and lenses are also very fragile so if your wanting to fly such a setup you would want to be well beyond the crashing stage. Sure there can be a system failure that causes it to crash but your not going to see high speed fpv between trees with over $10k of gear unless you have way more dollars then sense.

Oh yea, I would need hours and hours of test flights and teaching myself to fly before I hang one of my big cameras.
I shoot a good bit with ciniflex rigs and this new technology would be a good way to get the shot without hiring a helicopter.
Just day dreaming right now.

E

I'm vacationing right now in Moss Beach, Ca. Finally got out this morning and flew the beach. 1st day wind was kinda calm. Still about 10 to 15 mph.
Still getting some vibration on the edges of the video frame. Maybe when the gimbal comes in that will take care of that. My orientation is getting better but still at times I'm loosing my way.
I know some of you guys are long time hobbyist. I'm just wanting solid video.
Though I must say flying this thing is a lot of fun.

E

I'm vacationing right now in Moss Beach, Ca.

Oh, that's a beautiful area, between Half Moon Bay, and Pacifica. Definitely a good day to be along the coast.

Did you visit the Pidgeon Point lighthouse,south of your location, where they shot one of the firs DJI Zenmuse gimbal videos ?

Heading to the Goat Farm shortly then a 15min drive to the light house. Will have the phantom in the car just in case I get brave [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Heading to the Goat Farm shortly then a 15min drive to the light house. Will have the phantom in the car just in case I get brave [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

There is also a pretty famous place to eat nearby. "Duarte's Tavern" in Pescadero. It's a cool little place.

Well, there's no shortage of great places. "Barbara's Fishtrap" in "Princeton by the sea, is also pretty famous. :D

Well, it was too windy for me and didn't want to ask permission since I'm new to this. But here is a still I took with my iPhone. Pretty foggy also.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372447976.794181.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372447976.794181.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 392

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member