P3 Firmware Any need to upgrade firmware on P3P?

Reaction score
Currently has 1.8.80 on the bird. Have not had any issues with it. What do the new updates bring to the table? I see people mention less range, but is this true?

Ive just updated to the latest verison on P3P and from what I can tell the ship is updated as that all went according to plan but the controller wont play ball now! any ideas? The controller just show a red light and even if I connect it to a usb with the latest download it wont work! Did the update through the APP to and no joy! Bigger as I have a shoot tomorrow around an old UK Spit Fort in the solent which would look great for my website too! It shouldn't be this difficult!

Hi Guys

Found a way to get the controller to connect up manually

If the link doesn't work search on you tube for Phantom 3 Professional Manual Link With RC and Aircraft by Jeff Crooks

In short its a manual sync between the ship and the RC using the following

Press C1 and C2 and Record all at the same time then you will get some beeping going on as soon as this starts really quick press the Camera function button on the right hand side (it takes a bit of practice! and I think I might have rolled the jog wheel on the right hand side which resulted in the same)

Then on the aircraft position it so that the battery is west or the left hand side and if you look at the gills on the sensor housing at the bottom there are 2 small holes the outer hole has a red led in it and the other has a small button that required pressing similar to syncing and old wireless mouse and keyboard!

Best have the P3 on a table close to you so as you need to be quick!

Then a quick reboot of the controller and it connects!

Hope this helps as it did me I can now continue flying on the latest software!

I anyone has a P4 or Mavic are they as much fun to update!

Cheers

P

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez