Any motorcyclists in here?

Reaction score
Has anyone been transporting their P3 on motorcycle?

I was thinking it would be a good way to combine hobbies and give me a destination for afternoon rides.

I am just a bit concerned that a twin cylinder might vibrate too much for the electronic sensors
in the P3.

It is not twin cylinder that matters, its packing of P3 that matters a lot.

I plan on throwing mine in the beerbox as soon as this infernal weather lets up.

I rode briefly March 15 to check battery and it has been everything but the seven horseman of the apocalypse since with this Canadian weather.

Thats what I am thinking. Maybe a soft pack and putting on me not the bike.

The reason I mentioned twin cylinder is they vibrate more.

Last edited:
I ride a BMW RT. I don't think vibration would be an issue. Personally, I wouldn't consider taking my P3P on the bike, more because I'm an ATGATT kinda guy and have a fuel cell and tour box on the bike. Fooling around with all my riding gear, re-configuring the bike to handle my case - not worth it to me.

Reactions: Numone
Yup, ride with mine in the lowepro cs400. This is on a TL1000S v-twin. Never had a problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My XB9 vibrates like I dropped a quarter in it at idle...I've only taken the phantom on my back, which seems to provide a fair bit of isolation from the bike's seismic activity. I probably wouldn't strap it to the back, uh..."seat" (pretty small) but then I think this particular bike might be a fairly extreme example.

Sure makes for a fun afternoon, though.

That's why I got the Ural, room for camera gear and Phantom and still room for Pete!
IMG_0212-X3.jpg

I carry mine in my backpack . With the pack on my back it slightly touches the rear pillion ( the wife rides her Can Am Spyder ) . Very comfortable .

Enjoy!!

I ordered a DJI Backpack just for this reason. I ride frequently in the Northern California Bay Area and want to expand my range of places to shoot. Still waiting on it from a seller in China.

It takes a while but the price is very nice. Check it out!

DJI Phantom 3 Special Fittings Backpack C0095 Hardshell Turtle Shell

What's the estimated delivery for this backpack? I'm looking for a back pack style to carry my P3P on my FJR. Putting the bird in the hardsided saddle bags is just to much vibration for me. Besides, it would be easier to carry to the launch site than the saddlebags.

I ordered on the 28th of March and its now the 11th of April. Has not arrived yet. When one pays an inexpensive price the trade off can be longer than average shipping times. I knew that going in .

I will report back after it arrives. I sent them an email message asking for tracking and approximate delivery date. Can be long now. I also ordered when they had free shipping offered.

I'm very happy with the DJI hardshell...price is reasonable and it's the smallest external package I've seen by a fair bit. Comfort is decent and it doesn't move around if you buckle it in.

I was able to get mine locally so I got to look it over before buying.

I ordered on the 28th of March and its now the 11th of April. Has not arrived yet. When one pays an inexpensive price the trade off can be longer than average shipping times. I knew that going in .

I will report back after it arrives. I sent them an email message asking for tracking and approximate delivery date. Can be long now. I also ordered when they had free shipping offered.
I have the same one and can report its excellent value for the money. Don't know how it compares to a "genuine" DJI unit, but that's five times the price and really can't see how it can be much different. It's well made, light and very comfortable. I also modded mine to enable it to safety carry an iPad Air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing