Any motorcyclists in here?

I have the same one and can report its excellent value for the money. Don't know how it compares to a "genuine" DJI unit, but that's five times the price and really can't see how it can be much different. It's well made, light and very comfortable. I also modded mine to enable it to safety carry an iPad Air.

Only thing that I would improve from the looks if it is adding a "sternum" strap.

Amazon.com : ONE 3/4" Nylon Webbing Sternum Strap Backpack Chest Harness for 1" Webbing : Sports & Outdoors

So the bag does not shift when riding into the twisties. Trying the two backpack straps together will aid in stability. I am going to try the slip over type that goes around each strap then buckles together and see how that does.

Then if I want even more retention I will take the bag to my local tailor and have them sew each exposed end of the sternum strap to the bag straps.

Should make a great way to carry.

Only thing that I would improve from the looks if it is adding a "sternum" strap.

Amazon.com : ONE 3/4" Nylon Webbing Sternum Strap Backpack Chest Harness for 1" Webbing : Sports & Outdoors

So the bag does not shift when riding into the twisties. Trying the two backpack straps together will aid in stability. I am going to try the slip over type that goes around each strap then buckles together and see how that does.

Then if I want even more retention I will take the bag to my local tailor and have them sew each exposed end of the sternum strap to the bag straps.

Should make a great way to carry.
It has one fitted, albeit not quite as robust as the one you linked!

I sling the original hardcase on my back and ride on my vintage Honda Magna. Two hobbies simultaneous.
Still a lot of those Magna's around. 9 years ago I had an 1984 1100

Has anyone been transporting their P3 on motorcycle?

Trackman,

Been taking mine on my Ultra and Road King for quite some time. This is a bit old, no more prop guards, a couple of P3's and a smaller pack. Put on countless miles, packing properly is most important.

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dbeavers
I plan on taking mime on several trips throwing the p4 in the tour pack.

OK, maybe not throwing it in, but it will be with me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A little off topic but my buddy has the same Arctic Ural and a German Shepherd, which is a little ironic because there were a limited number of them made. Ok, back on track, I ride a triumph (Hence the name Cafe Racer) and use the hard shell to ride with mine, though your situation is a bit different. As long as it's in a good hard case I don't think you will have a problem storing it with straps right behind you or even in the front of your sidecar.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I ride a BMW RT. I don't think vibration would be an issue. Personally, I wouldn't consider taking my P3P on the bike, more because I'm an ATGATT kinda guy and have a fuel cell and tour box on the bike. Fooling around with all my riding gear, re-configuring the bike to handle my case - not worth it to me.

You can't be serious... Seriously ???

I take mine in the back pack sometimes.
The minor roads here are very bumpy and it would get a serious shaking fastened directly to the bike.
I have a road bike with stiff shocks and off roader with long travel uspension, and the small trail bike is better for the same reason.
Another thing to bear in mind is the lower temperatures early and late in the year. The batteries aren't happy below 15C so on longer runs this may be an issue. I suppose you might keep one or two in a jacket pocket but you wouldn't want to fall off.

Pay special attention to the gimbal.
You do not want that being pulled from its mounts and tearing cables.
if you can pack it upside down its better.

I carry mine in my backpack . With the pack on my back it slightly touches the rear pillion ( the wife rides her Can Am Spyder ) . Very comfortable .

Enjoy!!
Same here, I rYde a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S and find the @dji hardshell backpack to be the perfect carrying solution.

Comfortable to wear and protects the drone completely. Totally satisfied with its design and construction.

RedHotPoker

I ordered on the 28th of March and its now the 11th of April. Has not arrived yet. When one pays an inexpensive price the trade off can be longer than average shipping times. I knew that going in .

I will report back after it arrives. I sent them an email message asking for tracking and approximate delivery date. Can be long now. I also ordered when they had free shipping offered.

Thanks BDOG. I ordered a set of motors for my starter drone from Amazon on Feb. 29, they shipped the same day from China. Expected delivery? April 15th. So I'm a little hesitant about ordering from China. Heck at that rate, it may get here before snowfall. LOL.

I ordered on the 28th of March and its now the 11th of April. Has not arrived yet. When one pays an inexpensive price the trade off can be longer than average shipping times. I knew that going in .

I will report back after it arrives. I sent them an email message asking for tracking and approximate delivery date. Can be long now. I also ordered when they had free shipping offered.
I like that case but when I tried to order it last month their website didn't allow the free freight as stated and they didn't respond to my email as to why. Ordered a soft backpack elsewhere and beside being bike friendly, it's easier to carry off the beaten path than my hard luggage style case.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That is how mine came home from the shipping depot. :D

P8140003_zpsdjjitu8w.jpg

Trackman,

Been taking mine on my Ultra and Road King for quite some time. This is a bit old, no more prop guards, a couple of P3's and a smaller pack. Put on countless miles, packing properly is most important.

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Just curious, have you tried the foam cut out inside the beerbox for local carry?

Just curious, have you tried the foam cut out inside the beerbox for local carry?
Are you talking a real beer box? Cause I've been buying my beer in cans.
Not sure what you mean.

Are you talking a real beer box? Cause I've been buying my beer in cans.
Not sure what you mean.
Sorry, I was asking if anyone had used the back box/trunk like on a Harley Ultra Classic. For example would the foam Phantom insert or even the insert from the original Phantom box fit in the rear box of the Ultra Classic and then you could place the phantom in it?

The back box happens to be called a beer box around here.

Reactions: Richard Gozinya

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31