Any idea why?

Reaction score
So after getting my phantom 3 pro I've made about 6 videos and posted them to my youtube page. Nearly all my subscribers absolutely hated the videos of the flights. I thought it would go over awesome when the first video was released. I just don't get how that it could get so much dislike. I watch them and there super awesome. Any ideas what I could do to make more like than hate?

C'mon Bill... are you pulling our collective leg? You have an average of 4000 veiws in just a few days and all the comments I saw said how cool it was. The one thing I noticed about your vid was you narrated it instead of using a soundtrack. Long, but good stuff.

By the way...

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Bill. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

So after getting my phantom 3 pro I've made about 6 videos and posted them to my youtube page. Nearly all my subscribers absolutely hated the videos of the flights. I thought it would go over awesome when the first video was released. I just don't get how that it could get so much dislike. I watch them and there super awesome. Any ideas what I could do to make more like than hate?

Hi Bill :) I went to your channel and watched the P3 vids and looked over the rest. Most of your subscribers are from the farm sim game it looks like. SO because you have a lot of kids with video games watching, I think on the flying vids, the younger people get bored of flying after just a few minutes. So try keeping these vids short and sweet like no more then 7 minutes for a test and maybe some 3 to 5 minute tests that you can watch the results of on your dash board. Plus if you can take the time, you can incorporate some flying into your other videos to add some more fun to them. That's a nice plow set up and a short video of plowing and the set up on your tractor would be really interesting to me, BUT... I like most older blue collar guys are in a totally different category or audience then the gamer's that you have fully attracted right now. Basically with the flying, you are bringing in a totally new audience that will be bored with the farm sim videos. If you are just looking at the numbers then the farm sim wins hands down :)

Reactions: Darmie
You trying to up your views :p

Here's some "creative" criticism so don't take it personally.

A) Minimize the narration. Let the video tell the story if you can.
B) Go easy on the gimbal tilt. You can change the percentage in the Go Ap and less is more. Keep it smooth and steady as if you were slowly raising your head to look up instead of WHAM straight up.
C) Work on short stories that leave some for the viewer to imagine. Most of us shoot for 2 - 7 min and I try to keep mine in the 2-5min range. More than that my mind starts drifting "Squirrel".
D) This goes with A) - add some music but be careful what you pic. Try to match the music to the "story" or the music can be over whelming.

Keep making and posting videos and thanks for sharing :)

Allen

Hi bill,

I think you've done very well with your hits on YT, wish I got that many hits with my 1st vid. Not everyone will give you "likes" but don't know how you got so many dislikes:eek:

But it may be what Reed L said in his post #4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl