Any idea when the new DJI GO App will be available for Android?

A lot of the iOS users are reporting their devices running less hot, which leads to lagginess and crashing. Also one of the beta testers said the app ran more smoothly on his Android device compared to the current pilot app.

So I would say that definitely adds something of noticeable value.

Really, all that you are stating is that other people posted that apple devices run cooler (what controller version?) and one guy said it ran smoother. That's not your opinion, that is other people's opinion.

My experience is that new firmware isn't as advertised, to be locked into that firmware by android GO app is not something to long for. Probably won't matter, firmware files will always be available for upgrade/downgrade on android platform.

I have been using the android version for awhile now. I know we all have preferences but I don't think the hype is worth getting worked up over. The biggest difference in GO and Pilot is the color. One is black and the other is white. The go app offers more convenience for those that like to share images and video. Outside of that there just isn't much difference. Personally if there was a performance feature, POI, Follow Me, or just something that a lot of user's tend to request but never get, would then be more so something to toot the horn over.

Btw, DJIglobal said a couple days ago POI and Follow Me are coming in an update.

I have been using the android version for awhile now. I know we all have preferences but I don't think the hype is worth getting worked up over. The biggest difference in GO and Pilot is the color. One is black and the other is white. The go app offers more convenience for those that like to share images and video. Outside of that there just isn't much difference. Personally if there was a performance feature, POI, Follow Me, or just something that a lot of user's tend to request but never get, would then be more so something to toot the horn over.

Btw, DJIglobal said a couple days ago POI and Follow Me are coming in an update.

flyNfrank - no difference in optimization in your opinion? What device are you using?

Really, all that you are stating is that other people posted that apple devices run cooler (what controller version?) and one guy said it ran smoother. That's not your opinion, that is other people's opinion.

My experience is that new firmware isn't as advertised, to be locked into that firmware by android GO app is not something to long for. Probably won't matter, firmware files will always be available for upgrade/downgrade on android platform.

What the heck are you talking about? I re-read your post a couple of times and it just doesn't make any sense.

Where did I say that was my opinion? I explicitly stated that was reported by iOS users.
And being locked into the FW by GO? Have you not read that this is the first time downgradeable FW has been released?

Stop clucking around the hen-house unless you have something of substance to say.

What the heck are you talking about? I re-read your post a couple of times and it just doesn't make any sense.

Where did I say that was my opinion? I explicitly stated that was reported by iOS users.
And being locked into the FW by GO? Have you not read that this is the first time downgradeable FW has been released?

Stop clucking around the hen-house unless you have something of substance to say.

You made a statement basing that on other peoples opinions, not your own experience. I added real world evaluation based on my findings, not internet messages. Nothing of value added by upgrading to the 1.3.2 firmware or by reading any of your nonsense.

You made a statement basing that on other peoples opinions, not your own experience. I added real world evaluation based on my findings, not internet messages. Nothing of value added by upgrading to the 1.3.2 firmware or by reading any of your nonsense.

Honestly the fix for vps is one major reason to upgrade to 1.3.2.

Reactions: AlmostTan
Well said! I read this forum as a new flyer to quadcopters. Im still nervous about my p3 doing all kinds of horrific costly things, mostly from all the negative Nancys on this forum. I want to learn from my peers. I have a great respect for those of you with the knowledge and time flying you share with us newbies. If i wanted to hear a bunch of cackling complaining hens, id go to a chick flick. Thanks to all for your helpful info and tips that help us all fly with safety and intelligence.

Reactions: AlmostTan

You made a real world evaluation about the new Android GO app? Didn't know you were in the beta testing program.

I'll step aside then...

Honestly the fix for vps is one major reason to upgrade to 1.3.2.

I haven't tested vps, yet. I am still attempting to find a solution to No Signal, even though I still have video. Downgraded to FW 1.1.9 on bird and then back to FW 1.3.2 and still have this issue. Do you know if anyone has downgraded controller FW? I am at a loss here in terms of the software issues. Has to be the controller.

I haven't tested vps, yet. I am still attempting to find a solution to No Signal, even though I still have video. Downgraded to FW 1.1.9 on bird and then back to FW 1.3.2 and still have this issue. Do you know if anyone has downgraded controller FW? I am at a loss here in terms of the software issues. Has to be the controller.

Try binding the tx after running 1.3.2 update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl