Antenna type and distance achieved

lacmac said:
33000 ft,altitude almost 1100ft

Mods ..................................zero! :D

1km is not possible with completely stock setup especially at 1,000 feet up. I'm not buying that story for a second. Especially considering the location of that screen shot.

Agreed, with stock my video failed at around 320m.... That is about what DJI specify under best case.

With the mod to the repeater I am now getting 900m in open space.

It is hard to believe stock will deliver better than 500m even at best.

dasasu2a.jpg

a9a8u7a6.jpg

Do you believe I will improve anything by adding the pigtail and a different antenna? As every connector has a small loss or should I leave this as is as the antenna connects direct onto the repeater board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Look at the photo...
azega6eq.jpg

I opened the wifi repeater, disconnected the one flat panel connector and connected the little wip antenna to the board. This improved my range from +- 300m to +- 900m with flight in any direction.

Turning the PV2 sideways I got to over 1km before video link failed.

egadu5es.jpg

This photo is just over a km.

im glad that i can call for help in hometown fl. and not from uk. i just wish that i started and reading more of this web/post. ohh well, It's no use crying over spilled milk. so, please call me i'd email you my phone number. local 386-

I posted a seperate topic about the range of my first flight,asking was it possible to go this far as stock and that I didnt think it was 1km away.

At first I had it set to meters and it would loose WiFi signal at just under 1000m.Then I tried it in feet and would loose the signal at about 3300ft.

If it is not accurate,what is the problem? Do I need to recalibrate it or send it back for repair?

Opinions if one spm antenna improved the range by x 2.5 is it not worth the while looking at adding another one on the camera of the PV2?

Could this also provide a x2.x improvement?

Possible my next project..ll

FPVLR said:
guys, the only claims we are interested in a real life repeatable distances by 90% of the people with the same setup.

There is no point considering claims that cannot be repeated by anyone else.

if 1 in 100 is getting 1000 meters with no mods, then it's not the typical range, or there might be an unusual noise floor in that area
or the extender somehow has 3-4 times the output power as the normal one etc.

Only repeatable distances have any validity.

for example now I have 4-5 customers who bought the half sphere helix and they are claiming 2400-2500 ft not flying sideways but in FPV mode, and with easy aiming , the distance is replicated in all 4-5 cases than a person can be sure that if they spend the money for that item they can get similar results.

Same thing for the Parasitic helix, people are flying 3000-4000ft in fpv mode, 6000+ft flying sideways, but the lowest number is 3000 ft , so people can expect that.

What is the point of considering a 5$ whip one person claims they are getting 2000ft, another 10 people 1200 ft, another 20 people still only 600ft?

Than 600ft is the most likely you are going to get..

Just use your common sense.

Good post :) Tho I have done half mile with the 8dbi omni, if you count flying sideways. And pic and video to prove it :p Though Typical any orientation range is bit over quarter mile at low FPV Preview Quality setting. That's in heavy wifi saturated area.

BenDronePilot said:
FPVLR said:
guys, the only claims we are interested in a real life repeatable distances by 90% of the people with the same setup.

There is no point considering claims that cannot be repeated by anyone else.

if 1 in 100 is getting 1000 meters with no mods, then it's not the typical range, or there might be an unusual noise floor in that area
or the extender somehow has 3-4 times the output power as the normal one etc.

Only repeatable distances have any validity.

for example now I have 4-5 customers who bought the half sphere helix and they are claiming 2400-2500 ft not flying sideways but in FPV mode, and with easy aiming , the distance is replicated in all 4-5 cases than a person can be sure that if they spend the money for that item they can get similar results.

Same thing for the Parasitic helix, people are flying 3000-4000ft in fpv mode, 6000+ft flying sideways, but the lowest number is 3000 ft , so people can expect that.

What is the point of considering a 5$ whip one person claims they are getting 2000ft, another 10 people 1200 ft, another 20 people still only 600ft?

Than 600ft is the most likely you are going to get..

Just use your common sense.

Good post :) Tho I have done half mile with the 8dbi omni, if you count flying sideways. And pic and video to prove it :p Though Typical any orientation range is bit over quarter mile at low FPV Preview Quality setting. That's in heavy wifi saturated area.

That's ok. I live my life a quarter mile at a time. :lol:

after 3500 ft distance and 650 ft altitude on display...
display shown " n/a " in distance and 660 ft. altitude, slow increasing.
i switched to "go home" mode and got it back in one piece.

has anyone experience that situation ?

sorry to butt in. but, this post is very active.

FPVLR said:
Ok to prove if the internal connectors from u.Fl to rp-sma rob so much power, I have ordered 4 pcs U-FL with rg-178, which is lower loss compared to the thinner wires. I will make a couple of half dome antennas, with this cable that has a u.fl connector, so the adapters won't be needed.
This way we can see the difference, with and without the internal cable adapter.

I would be surprised if we really see more than 1db power improvement.

The results would be interesting... Please post when ready.

FPVLR said:
Ok to prove if the internal connectors from u.Fl to rp-sma rob so much power, I have ordered 4 pcs U-FL with rg-178, which is lower loss compared to the thinner wires. I will make a couple of half dome antennas, with this cable that has a u.fl connector, so the adapters won't be needed.
This way we can see the difference, with and without the internal cable adapter.

When do we expect the results, would be interesting.

FPVLR said:

When do we expect the results, would be interesting.

mtpisgah said:
my phantom antennas set up as of now !

ROFL, that is funny as F***K :lol: :lol:

Lightbridge arrived today. Must say, the range is better than I expected .....

Attachments

• lightbridge.jpg
    lightbridge.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 478
ohhh....yesss, my radio and repeater antennas set up at the moment !

Attachments

• photo (46).JPG
    photo (46).JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 464
Hallo guys,
what do you think about this antenna for extended control?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0715037534
$(KGrHqRHJCoE-wMmKyv)BPscUVs77Q~~60_3.JPG

I guess the geniune controller antena is 2 or 3dbi.

Edit: I just received a message from the seller that they r able to change the connector to U.fl IPX. Can anybody cofirm it is the appropriate one for the tx?

dave21 said:
Hallo guys,
what do you think about this antenna for extended control?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0715037534
$(KGrHqRHJCoE-wMmKyv)BPscUVs77Q~~60_3.JPG

I guess the geniune controller antena is 2 or 3dbi.

Edit: I just received a message from the seller that they r able to change the connector to U.fl IPX. Can anybody cofirm it is the appropriate one for the tx?

You could use that antenna but not with the conventional u.fl to rp-sma connector that is more of the standard for this stuff. I myself am using a old 3dbi gain antenna from a 2.4ghz wifi repeater and that works great and far better than stock. If I need more range I'll use one of my 5dbi TPLink omni antennas.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z