Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

The thing that is weird is that some people bought the exact same ones and claim they work great for them. I am baffled to say the least.
Interesting feedback. I will test mine and provide feedback as well. Seems odd that others got quite different results from yours. I am aware also that different ppl got different versions of these amp, (mine says Rev. 3D), with different voltages. Just saying....

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That's why I'm loving my tripod setup.. which I only have, like you, the DBS02 and maxxrange coming... But will be the same with other panels (which I will have) only having less than 1' cables to deal with has to make a difference. Wouldn't be fair to expect the same results out of omni antenna's and longer cables.. it will be less, distance wise, but still gives you decent "set in the truck" experience. With the old black sunhans and L-com antennas, 10' cable that came with magnet base, 20,000'+ has been gotten.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I figured it would be lose a little signal from the lack of short cables and add more signal from the bigger panels and LOS from a higher antenna. If I get this working I will be trying to figure out a way to make a telescopic pole next. I envision one of those cheap light bulb changing poles with a motor pushing a cable up the inside to raise it. That is how telescopic car antennas work. A geared motor drives a spool of plastic cable into the hollow mast and pushes it up from inside, then pulls it back down when the radio is off.

Reactions: JohnnyB
I figured it would be lose a little signal from the lack of short cables and add more signal from the bigger panels and LOS from a higher antenna. If I get this working I will be trying to figure out a way to make a telescopic pole next. I envision one of those cheap light bulb changing poles with a motor pushing a cable up the inside to raise it. That is how telescopic car antennas work. A geared motor drives a spool of plastic cable into the hollow mast and pushes it up from inside, then pulls it back down when the radio is off.
Think big or go home! :)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Interesting feedback. I will test mine and provide feedback as well. Seems odd that others got quite different results from yours. I am aware also that different ppl got different versions of these amp, (mine says Rev. 3D), with different voltages. Just saying....

Here is the inside of my amps. They both look the same. I don't have a revision notice.

I found specs online when I put the number from the board (HS242036T1) in Google.
Key Features
  • 20X the power, improving the link quality and coverage of certified WLAN devices
  • 2.5dB ultra-low noise
  • Wide 6v to 16v operating input range
  • Working with certified IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN devices
  • Simply plug and play,no software is required
Specification
  • Frequency Range:2.4~2.5GHz
  • Operating Voltage:6~16v
  • Receiving Gain:10dB±1
  • Transmission Gain:13dB±1
  • Input Trigger Power:Min:3dBm Max:20dBm
  • Maximum Output Power(P1dB):36dBm(4W)
  • EVM:3%@28dBm 802.11g 54Mbps OFDM 64QAM BW 20MHz
  • DC Supply Current:435mA@Pout 28dBm 9V
  • Noise Figure:<2.5dB
  • TX/RX Switch Time Delay:<1us
  • LED Indicator:Transmitter:green; Receiver:red
  • Operating Humidity:up to 95% rel. humidity
  • Dimension:82mmX50mmX21mm
  • Weight:0.25Kg net

Attachments

• Black amp 1.jpg
    Black amp 1.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
^^^^Ok, looks like we're talking about 2 different amplifiers..:)

I plan to make a bracket with 2 Omni directional antennas that I can mount on a bracket and connect to a pole or something on my truck and move to a base station occasionally. I guess I am going the "N" connector route since that is what the amps are and I will just get two sets of N to RP-SMA cables for my house and my truck.

So I need recommendations on Omni directional antennas and cables. I know you guys have spent hours testing and searching and I want that knowledge to be even more useful. So I am all ears.
P.S. I can't afford antennas that are $200 each. :)

UPDATE: I just pulled the trigger and ordered the amps

Sounds good. As you can see on pictures earlier in this thread I put the amps into a plastic box, sealed them and screwed it onto a bracket with magnet holders. I did for the same reason as you want.- being able to just take them off the van and use them somewhere else ( on top of a crane or tripod or whatever
Without having to care for rain.
Antennas: both L-com and data alliance omnis with N male are fine. I re,member data alliance being cheaper.
Cables: check the dampening and buy good ones. Lmr 400 or better for truck maybe some Ecoflex10.
All the best.

Reactions: Turbomania
If you get these DataAlliance antennas I'd love to hear what you think about the overall and build quality of them. I've got them on my to-buy list for house antennas (down the line).

I got L Com type ( other brand) for roof and data alliance for the magnet mounts. They are not so bulky as the L-com and made of Pvc type which is fine. Anyway I don't keep them outside in sunlight year round. I cannot directly compare but they do their job fine.60 $ for such antennas is too much. L-com is generally too expensive. In Polish online shops you get same ( seems even same factory) for a 3rd to 5th of the price. (no N male unfortunately)

Reactions: Turbomania
Just got my replacement amps from REXUAV. To replace a 3 watt Sunhaus that went bad the owner sent me these 4 watt amps. Don't have web specs but he sent me a spectral analysis pic. He said they had them custom made. Notice the power plug is external, not internal. I have very high winds (45mph) and snow/freezing rain, but hope to test soon.
20170107_063115.jpg
20170107_063217.jpg
REXUAV Booster 4W Test.jpg

^^^^Ok, looks like we're talking about 2 different amplifiers..:)

So yours are different on the inside?

So yours are different on the inside?
The photo of that 4w amp didn't show up on Tapatalk app (on my smartphone), thus I thought you were referring to the Rf Linx 2400SAXU.
So, no I don't have these - they look like Sunhans 3w amp knockoffs. I have the gold-colored Sunhans 3w 2.4GHZ signal booters.

I am in the process of making a full switch from RG-6 (F) cables to LMR-400 (N) cables. Bought all the related adapters. (With option to RF-Linx directly into L-Com). Also am planning to open up the TP-Link panels to replace the 4 ft. SMA with direct to panel board, bulkhead (N) connectors. Will in addition have option to SMA directly out of any of my amps to L-Com. Since I can't fly (drone eating weather) I am having as much fun fabricating a better set up. But my wallet is taking a severe pounding.

Power bypassing the hidden jack on the RF-Linx 2400-SAXU
20170109_011106.jpg

I thought of drilling out the jack port, but ddn't want to damage it. This works and now just waiting for weather to test them. I still havn't figured out how to adjust the power output. There are two adjustment pots, which one to adjust?? I guess I'll use my rf meter, but hopefully I don't damage them while adjusting..... Supposedly, they can max at 1.5 watts.

With my 8 watt amps, and my 4 watt amps, I just wanted these to work due to the RX 20+ db. potential.

I thought of drilling out the jack port, but ddn't want to damage it. This works and now just waiting for weather to test them. I still havn't figured out how to adjust the power output. There are two adjustment pots, which one to adjust?? I guess I'll use my rf meter, but hopefully I don't damage them while adjusting..... Supposedly, they can max at 1.5 watts.
R18 in this diagram adjusts the output.

Attachments

• ASSY 130200 REV D4 (AGC Setpoint).pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
R18 in this diagram adjusts the output.
THANKS!! I'd ask where/how you got that, but then you'd have to kill me and burn the plans. ....What's the other pot do? db.?

THANKS!! I'd ask where/how you got that, but then you'd have to kill me and burn the plans. ....What's the other pot do? db.?

Lol, I haven't the foggiest, all I did was email the RF-Linx tech support folks and they sent me the build diagram. I'd ask them, they'll probably tell you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called and talked to a tech/engineer..... they are all bummed about the company going out of buisness... The company will be history by the 2nd. quarter this year.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart