Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

OK, I have been reading what you guys are doing and I want to get to work on my truck antenna setup. Have you guys used the 2400-SAXU amps yet and are they good? I assume that these are adjustable via software somehow?

I already modded my controller for my DBS-02 antenna, so that part is done. I guess I would screw the amps straight to some decent omni directional antennas and attach them both to a mount I could rig up. For power, I am sure modifying the power input would be pretty easy for me. I would just run two 12v wires to the amps and have a power connection that I would turn on by a switch and relay. Then add some high LMR cable that has N connectors on one end and RP-SMA connectors on the other end to screw onto my controller, correct?

I mainly need to know if the 2400-SAXU amps are a good choice. I bought some cheap black amps off e-Bay once and they were worthless.

@JonEQuest, it doesn't appear these are (Software) configurable/adjustable (like the 2400LTX). I just finished drilling holes for 12v DC input on my units. Awaiting some LMR cables and should be able to do some in-car testing this weekend, weather permitting.

For power, I will be using this Intelligent DC-DC Converter with USB Interface I bought for a previous project in my car.

Ps: Edited for clarity.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OK, I have been reading what you guys are doing and I want to get to work on my truck antenna setup. Have you guys used the 2400-SAXU amps yet and are they good? I assume that these are adjustable via software somehow?

I already modded my controller for my DBS-02 antenna, so that part is done. I guess I would screw the amps straight to some decent omni directional antennas and attach them both to a mount I could rig up. For power, I am sure modifying the power input would be pretty easy for me. I would just run two 12v wires to the amps and have a power connection that I would turn on by a switch and relay. Then add some high LMR cable that has N connectors on one end and RP-SMA connectors on the other end to screw onto my controller, correct?

I mainly need to know if the 2400-SAXU amps are a good choice. I bought some cheap black amps off e-Bay once and they were worthless.
These are good amps. Don't worry about not being able to adjust. They will work great as is.

Turbo

Don't remember Anyone mentioning, can the LTX's be done the same way? They have the same pin inside?

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

These are good amps. Don't worry about not being able to adjust. They will work great as is.

Turbo
They ARE adjustable from inside (pot adjust). I spoke with a engineer at RF linx and he confirmed that. Remove cover and you'll see it. I havn't opened mine yet, but am about to. I'll test the output with rf meter.

Reactions: jhax01
I believe adjustment is from .5 to 1.5 watts on the SAXU 2400 series

Reactions: JohnnyB
They ARE adjustable from inside (pot adjust). I spoke with a engineer at RF linx and he confirmed that. Remove cover and you'll see it. I havn't opened mine yet, but am about to. I'll test the output with rf meter.

Yeah, R18 on the diagram I posted earlier. (There are two pots inside)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't remember Anyone mentioning, can the LTX's be done the same way? They have the same pin inside?

There's no pin. There's probably a spot to add one or a connection to one tho. You would also potentially lose the ability to make adjustments since that is done at the injector. Although again, there may be a USB header on the board somewhere. You can try emailing their tech support. They were very helpful with modding the 2400SAXU amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I should have been more accurate in my statement. Not software adjustable.
The TX really doesn't need to be adjusted anyway.

Last edited:
I guess I should have been more accurate in my statement. The RX side isn't adjustable. The TX isn't adjustable via software.
The TX really doesn't need to be adjusted anyway.
(Cause +20db RX just 'aint nough)

Just split the case for a look. A lot different. The whole board is under what feels like silicone.

e2c1f02fabdb8fe6795646c080ea3d0d.jpg

Impressively water tight. I'll not touch it.

Reactions: Turbomania
Ok, there are two benefits which pushed me to choose option 2.
1. Direct connection to antenna from amp
2. Easy to mount amp to a small piece of wood with a screw-in magnet foot.

Now, waiting on more shipping...

This looks fine. Technically, option 2 is best.

What antennas are you using?

This looks fine. Technically, option 2 is best.

What antennas are you using?
I have two L-Com HG2409U antennas directly attached to the two RF LINX 2400SAXU amps powered by a 12v battery with two 10ft extension cables. Just waiting for the delivery of my LMR-400 RP-SMA to N cables.

I have two L-Com HG2409U antennas directly attached to the two RF LINX 2400SAXU amps powered by a 12v battery with two 10ft extension cables. Just waiting for the delivery of my LMR-400 RP-SMA to N cables.

All the best. Waiting to hear your flight tests..

OK, So for power you guys are soldering on the board mounted plugs correct? That should be easy enough. For some reason I thought the plus was there but the case didn't have a hole in it. Which doesn't maker a lot of sense but sometimes manufacturers do things to use one board for multiple models to save cost.

Another factor is a good high quality 1.5 watt amp should do better that a cheap knockoff 3,4,10 watt amp full of noise. I went to electronics school many years ago and cannot remember how to make an amp but I know quality signal beats over-gained noise anytime. I am going to pull the trigger on these since they sound like they may be as good or better than the pretty gold Sunhan 3 watt ones everyone is so gaga over.

P.S. This is my Public Service Announcement. DON'T Buy these amps. They are paperweights IMO. They did nothing for my P3 or even my wireless router when I tested them that way too.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart