Another update

Reaction score
just went out to fly and the app says an update for my controller is available.

I've not long since updated

Anyone else had this come up .

I noticed it yesterday on the status page but didn't look into it so don't know if my notice was for an RC update or something other.

can't fly from where I am this morning, so haven't set everything up yet today.

Seems I'm going to wait, I'm away to Portugal in a week and don't want to risk a grounded quad

I updated. A little wonky after the update, recycled drone and controller a few times and then completed a short check flight, code 1 all good! :)

Reactions: crash1sttime
I updated. A little wonky after the update, recycled drone and controller a few times and then completed a short check flight, code 1 all good! :)

Any mention what the update was for, cant see it on the DJi page for the P3A

Seems I'm going to wait, I'm away to Portugal in a week and don't want to risk a grounded quad
+100. Outstanding comment.

I cringe when I see so many people decide that right before a vacation or a big job is a perfect time to make major changes to their gear. Then their drone doesn't work and they become frantic.

Chances are it would be fine, but why risk it right before a critical need? :)

Last edited:
Just been speaking to the local quad repair man, seems the update MAY brick the controller. Another wonderful DJI update that may be intended to get you to buy a spark, just my opinion

Any mention what the update was for, cant see it on the DJi page for the P3A
No mention - BUT today I was on a paying gig and my drone went wonky, went into a low tree after it disconnected from the remote. I suspect it was trying to go RTH. I was getting a geo lock indication for a class G airport at least 5 miles from where I was at. After an inspection, propeller swaps and a short test flight, I flew my gig with no further issues. Hard to say why my remote disconnected although the property owner (who is a pilot) told be that there seems to be GPS issues in the immediate area.

Just been speaking to the local quad repair man, seems the update MAY brick the controller. Another wonderful DJI update that may be intended to get you to buy a spark, just my opinion

This post is first-part hearsay, second-part incredibly irresponsible speculation.

When "just my opinion" gets posted publicly saying that DJI may be up to such nefarious dealings, you've opened the door to critical response of said opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
I've also just read this. How would your local quad repairman (does he repair bicycles too) know the FW may brick a drone? Is he a software engineer who happens to know how to disseminate and forensically examine FW?
And why on earth do you think a multi-billion dollar business would even consider that as a business strategy? If your AC bricked and that was due to FW created by DJI, do you actually think anyone would by another DJI product? Sheesh! Total and utter BS.

Well, I thinks I'll just wait til' I get back to Texas before I try any new FW upgrades. My P3S flies just fine up here in Alaska. I can fly it as far as I dare.....very little interference. Sometimes it's just a little white speck way out on the horizon. FPV is a good thing when your aircraft is that far away.
Peace

A Yuneec 520 w/ the E90. Still have a Mav and P4P+ but rarely use them now. Thinking about selling and using the cash to purchase a second cam for the 520. Thinking about a Parrot Bebop2 FPV (don't laugh too hard) just to screw around with. Have a few racers as well.

Updated mine today, so far seems OK. Would like to know what it was all about though.

This post is first-part hearsay, second-part incredibly irresponsible speculation.

When "just my opinion" gets posted publicly saying that DJI may be up to such nefarious dealings, you've opened the door to critical response of said opinion.

Irresponsible maybe, but as this is a public forum im welcome to give my opinion. speculative or not

I've also just read this. How would your local quad repairman (does he repair bicycles too) know the FW may brick a drone? Is he a software engineer who happens to know how to disseminate and forensically examine FW?
And why on earth do you think a multi-billion dollar business would even consider that as a business strategy? If your AC bricked and that was due to FW created by DJI, do you actually think anyone would by another DJI product? Sheesh! Total and utter BS.

The chap in question does all the warranty work for most of the Uk sellers, and most if not all of the failed controllers he has seen recently have been the result of a firmware update, either this new one or the last one that DJI spat out.

If your after numbers of how many have been taken to him either by people he has sold them to or that have come in under warranty let me know and ill do my best to supply it,

Please take what you want from my comments and as stated to breakfast boy, im entitled to my opinion

The chap in question does all the warranty work for most of the Uk sellers....

Really? So this "chap" does all the UK work for the DJI European Service Centre in the Netherlands? Now that is amazing!
So, just to clarify, when the customer gets the RMA and UPS label and they send their kit to the Netherlands, when it arrives there, DJI sends them right back to this chap here in Blighty? Wow! Amazing!
And then when he's done getting all the warranty parts from the DJI service centre and he's repaired the equipment, he then sends the kit back to the Netherlands and to allow DJI to keep their facade going, they then send the kit back to their UK customers. Yup. Makes complete sense to me.

If your after numbers of how many have been taken to him either by people he has sold them to or that have come in under warranty let me know and ill do my best to supply it,

Yes please. And can we have the name of the company too. Cheers...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94