Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Another crash video

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by kitari, Nov 4, 2014.

1. kitari

Just had a low flying crash on the 30th of last month when I was doing a manual mode video and yesterday I snagged a tree limb and went down again lol, once again I was low to the ground, but this time I was looking at something I thought was my missing phantom, but once I went to area to recover it, I found out it was just a big piece of Styrofoam. Also in case you were wondering about all the downed trees in the yard, I'm clearing out about 20 acres of trees so I can get that new phantom 3 when it comes out. (just kidding) Anyways, hope you enjoy another one of my fails.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja9QCXH5nyw[/youtube]

2. Lithium12.6

No doubt it is challenging to fly in a forest. At least you did not had to climb to any tree.
    You should get a gimbal though.

3. bschaub

Why don't you use prop guards. I have the quick connect attachment and always use them around trees. I don't use them in open environments because I think they are effected by wind. I have a P2, 3-3, FS Attitude, GP4BE

4. fastsmiles

Dust her off and go again! :D

5. kitari

I probably should, but I actually kinda like the risk as crazy as it seems. Plus if I do have a bad crash, I don't mind doing repairs as I actually enjoy stuff like that.

6. kitari

yep, just bent one of the props a little but it was still able to fly. I just took it back to the house, replaced the bad prop and took it out for another go.