Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Annoyance Factor

Discussion in 'Mavic Discussion' started by kmaluo, Oct 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmaluo

Anyone else glad they will be annoying the public less with the Mavic? The quieter whirl, less obtrusive in the sky, and no one wondering "What the hell is he carrying in that unwieldy backpack?"

eBird, fear345, gckless and 6 others like this.
  2. Alex Baxter

That's me in a nutshell, I keep my head below the parapet when I can, and the Mavic should be good for that..

kmaluo likes this.
  3. kmaluo

I'll be testing range while hiding out in my car a lot. Lol

4. Bibs

I struggle to get a phone signal in my car, not sure I'd want to be flying my Mavic 4 miles away from inside it too!

mapwd1702 likes this.
  5. kmaluo

Yup, I'm sure it won't be great, but it may be just enough in most cases. I'll put a big H on my roof for the precision landing. Lol

Bibs likes this.
  6. woobisah

The form factor was the single most important factor in my purchasing the Mavic. I was always thinking I wouldn't be buying another drone (Fine with my P3P) unless they came out with a much better camera. I wasn't even thinking about something like this coming out. So now I won't be purchasing anything unless they have this form factor and hoping for a Micro 4/3rd sensor.

wsalopek likes this.
  7. m0j0

To be honest the public annoys me more than I annoy them when I'm flying. It is difficult to find a place to fly without being asked to explain the features. Seriously, I try to be patient but sometimes I want to fly without the voices in my ear.

8. Josh Montiel

My buddy actually turned me into a brilliant idea while flying to keep the pesky looky-loos from barrating you with millions of dumb questions while your trying to do a precision flight! Go to harbor freight, pickup a $5 reflective orange vest and wear it while flying. People automatically assume you're doing some kind of professional surveying! Even cops don't bother me!

9. kmaluo

I have a hunch that with the inconspicuous controller, some people may just just think you're playing with your tablet.

10. BDOG

This is brilliant! Why did I not think of this?

11. Leenanj

Now that is a good idea, put 'Land Surveyor' or 'County Assessor' on the back. LOL

Johnny Bellew likes this.
  12. dewster

Mavic will be fun. It's small. People won't be as annoyed. Great range. Inconspicuous controller. All the right ingredients to fly without being harassed by people who think they know the law.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

eBird and kev0 like this.
  13. CactusJackSlade

I've been waiting for a folding "spider" form factor for a while and wondered why DJI did not look in that direction.... I guess my wait is over... I love my AD-1 but I like the full HD downlink and camera control on my P3 provides better.... this will be the best of both worlds for me.[​IMG]

14. kmaluo

It would make sense to reason that the odds of you killing or seriously hurting someone with a Mavic is less than a Phantom. Lighter weight, collapsible arms and props.

15. auen1

I have a friend who took it a step further.
    Only a different situation, he lost his drivers license.
    So to get to work without getting pulled over, he wears a safety vest, hard hat and put a magnetic yellow light on his truck.
    He's never had a problem.

phantom13flyer and Johnny Bellew like this.
  16. rskardon

Well let's pray he's never in an accident as he'll be uninsured! People like this are the reason we all have to pay higher premiums, not cool!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

17. MacCool

I'm one of the few people who doesn't drool over the thought of owning a Mavic. The smaller form factor doesn't do anything for my particular drone needs, but I have to say that the smaller form-factor would make deploying the Mavic in public less of a grand production and I'd agree that there could be real value in that. Relative to my use, that's the best argument I've heard yet for getting a Mavic over a P4.

fellis likes this.
  18. Jeremiah Nelson

He said he lost his drivers license not insurance. It not like you lose that too.

19. whitey66

Or if you're the type of guy who likes attention, put "PERVERT" on the back :) .

pomonabill220 likes this.
  20. Big Gus

I tried the vest thing to, I'm convinced it does keep looky loose from flocking like a bunch of hungry pigeons

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

phantom13flyer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.