Android Question

Reaction score
I have an iPad Air 2 that I use on my Phantom 4. But I also have a couple of smaller Android tablets that may work as good or better than the bigger iPad. Problem is that both Android tablet have a hard time connecting and functioning correctly with DJI Go. The iPad has version 2.8.4 on it and the Androids have 2.8.2. Now both of the Androids are at least three years old so maybe that is the problem. I think I would like to use one of the smaller tablets if I could get it to behave like the IPad Air2. Any thoughts.

I don't know what your specific tablets are but the 2012 & 2013 Nexus 7 tablets both work with Go. The 2012 model isn't as fast but still seems to function fine with Android OS 4.4.

I have an iPad Air 2 that I use on my Phantom 4. But I also have a couple of smaller Android tablets that may work as good or better than the bigger iPad. Problem is that both Android tablet have a hard time connecting and functioning correctly with DJI Go. The iPad has version 2.8.4 on it and the Androids have 2.8.2. Now both of the Androids are at least three years old so maybe that is the problem. I think I would like to use one of the smaller tablets if I could get it to behave like the IPad Air2. Any thoughts.

It's difficult to comment on "hard time connecting and functioning".

How I connect with Android is to turn on the RC. Turn on the Phantom and _then_ plug the device into the RC.

if they are running android that old they are not going to do well if they work at all.

a new nvidea shield k1 with 6.1 and 8" runs 200.00 new and is perfect for use

good lck and have fun flying!

Have iphone 6 and ipad air, but mostly fly with galaxy tab 8 due its brighter display - no issues so far

i mean the phantom 4

The exact same Go app is same for phantom 3 , 4 , Inspire and a couple others.
it simply was sold in apple stores for the first time with P4 intro.......

as far as which is better, it seems some times it is the IOS APP with issues and other times the android app.
sometimes both! been that way a long time now.

I use Nexus 7 (newer version) tablet and have no issues. I make sure to have tablet plugged into the RC before powering on. That also gives me option then to use Litchi or Go app since I swap between the two depending how/what I'm flying.

Hope that helps.

Don't see any real answers here so far. I'm using brand new Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 with 6.0.1 have terrible time every time getting app to show connected. Phantom 4 is connect fine to rc (shows green dot) have two reboot rc and P4 and open & close app multiple times and can eventually get it to show connected. Works just fine other than that. I'm guessing this is a problem with app. HELP PLEASE. THANKS

I don't have that tablet but try powering things up or connecting tablet to RC in different sequences until you find the one that works most reliably.

Don't see any real answers here so far. I'm using brand new Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 with 6.0.1 have terrible time every time getting app to show connected. Phantom 4 is connect fine to rc (shows green dot) have two reboot rc and P4 and open & close app multiple times and can eventually get it to show connected. Works just fine other than that. I'm guessing this is a problem with app. HELP PLEASE. THANKS

Reactions: Larry Robinson
I have tried that. Nothing so far seems to help. I just uninstalled & reinstalled app. Will see if that helps. If I have to I will buy a IOS device but all my other devices are Windows or Android, so don't really want to. If I do which one works really well in bright conditions. Will only be using it for P4 so don't want to over spend. Thanks

My two Android devices are using 4.2 software and have no upgrades available. I think this is the issue with my Android tablets. I would like a tablet smaller than my IPad Air 2. So either I buy a iPad mini or look for a cheaper Android with newer operating system. One of my Android tablets will not continue past the "How to Connect" screen. The other shows the camera screen but the image is all blotchy. I'm tired of trying to get these to work. They are the correct size but just won't work.

Mine is updated to the very latest Marshmallow software 6.0.1 just like my Galaxy s6 Edge. I like the 8" tablet, really nice. I did uninstall the app and reinstall it and it seems to be working fine now. The other thing I tried the last two times also was to turn RC on first, then the P4 then booted the tablet with it allready plugged in. I think I had tried all that before. I really thing reinstalling the app is what fixed it. I updated the drone with the 7/12/16 software a few days ago and it still had the problem but maybe that is when I should have reinstalled the app. Anyway, thanks for all the advice. I'm new to this, only had my First Drone for about 1 week now. I'm in my mid 40s and very cautious trying to be very careful and learn all I can.

Well I finally got sick of trying to make older model Android tablets to work so I went ahead and ordered an iPad mini 4. Hopefully it will work as well as my iPad Air 2 and have a screen the smaller size. Thanks to all that put in there two cents. This sure pushes the total cost of my Phantom 4 to a new level.

Reactions: Larry Robinson

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl