Aluminum/Copper Shielding on P3's? Satellite Increase?

Reaction score
Has anyone added Aluminum or Copper Shielding to the underside of their Phantom 3's cover to increase the number of satellites they get?

A year ago, I added the shielding to my Phantom 2 and got a definite increase in satellites. Originally, I got only 6 sat's and after I added the custom copper sheet I bought off Ebay, got anywhere from 8 to 12 sat's. One hell of an improvement and in my P2's operation. Had crashed two times before the Copper Sheet installation and feel that this addition helped in the overall P2's performance. Of course, IMU calibration and upgrades also helped because originally, the Phantom 2's being delivered in Dec of 2014 and Jan 2015 were crashing left and right, right out of the factory. There was a hell of a steep learning curve back then for the P2's.

I have a P3P and a P3S besides my P2 FPV, an they get 10 to 12 satellites right out of the box, the P3P actually gets more than the P3S. With this number of satellites being received, there is really no need for additional satellites, but then again, what the hell, THE MORE THE MERRIER.

So hence, my question about anyone adding aluminum or copper sheeting under their P3's cover. Just curious to see if anyone has done it and if so, what were the results? Good/Bad, No Change?
Really appreciate anyone's response on this, pro, con, whatever.

I would think if shields some interference. From the sounds of it that helped your p2 more then any loss in connectivity.

Found this tutorial here...

HOW TO: Install copper foil shield (fix low satellite count) | DJI Phantom Forum

Has anyone added Aluminum or Copper Shielding to the underside of their Phantom 3's cover to increase the number of satellites they get?

A year ago, I added the shielding to my Phantom 2 and got a definite increase in satellites. Originally, I got only 6 sat's and after I added the custom copper sheet I bought off Ebay, got anywhere from 8 to 12 sat's. One hell of an improvement and in my P2's operation. Had crashed two times before the Copper Sheet installation and feel that this addition helped in the overall P2's performance. Of course, IMU calibration and upgrades also helped because originally, the Phantom 2's being delivered in Dec of 2014 and Jan 2015 were crashing left and right, right out of the factory. There was a hell of a steep learning curve back then for the P2's.

I have a P3P and a P3S besides my P2 FPV, an they get 10 to 12 satellites right out of the box, the P3P actually gets more than the P3S. With this number of satellites being received, there is really no need for additional satellites, but then again, what the hell, THE MORE THE MERRIER.

So hence, my question about anyone adding aluminum or copper sheeting under their P3's cover. Just curious to see if anyone has done it and if so, what were the results? Good/Bad, No Change?
Really appreciate anyone's response on this, pro, con, whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan