Alternative Transmitters/Receivers

Reaction score
My OrangeRX T-SIX showed up yesterday, so I did the swap to it and the OrangeRX R910. Then I woke up this morning and realized I had forgotton to bind them with the RTH failsafe. So I cracked it open again this morning and did the deed, along with all the other stuff I have been getting ready to go.

Anyway, to make a long story short... I had inquired about compatibility of this hardware, from a few select people who I thought may know (including DJI support lol) and they either ignored my question, or said "it's impossible!" (DJI). It's not. This stuff works great, and may have longer range than what we got with our Phantoms. I just hope it has a more reliable connection. Hopefully I can get a better test tomorrow, after these winds die down. We had 30-40 MPH winds all day for no good reason, and gusts to 45. So naturally I was out there a couple times testing my new setup in my driveway. :)

Attachments

• p1190660.jpg
    p1190660.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 2,132
Nice Phantom!

I'm running a Devo 10 and it works great. Also looks a lot better than the standard white "toy looking" handset.

What's the mod on your battery door?

I am so gald to see that some one is posting real info on changing (less expensive) radio equipment on the Phantom. I will be changing out mine in a couple of weeks with a Aurora 9. I am only going to this high of quality radio because I have alot of planes. I believe that the radio system is a Futaba clone as S-Bus is proprietary to them. Really nice job on your machine. Is that balancing tape on your prop's?. If it is I have a better way of doing that. K

I have a Futaba 8j coming in on Friday that I'm going to setup using the sbus on the rx.

kwolters said:
I am so gald to see that some one is posting real info on changing (less expensive) radio equipment on the Phantom. I will be changing out mine in a couple of weeks with a Aurora 9. I am only going to this high of quality radio because I have alot of planes. I believe that the radio system is a Futaba clone as S-Bus is proprietary to them. Really nice job on your machine. Is that balancing tape on your prop's?. If it is I have a better way of doing that. K
Hi. Have you done the conversion yet? Any tips on how to do it? I am doing the same next week if all goes to plan.

I got a Turnigy 9XR coming with a FR Sky setup. I'm anxious to see how it works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl