all over in ten minuites

all I was trying to post was the email reply from dji ? I saved it to documents on my laptop but got the error message when I tried to upload it here . I understand the dat file is with the drone , thats why I said I guess I'm in their hands. ive had another email from dji saying that they have received the data and have passed the case on to an engineer . ill keep you all updated.
regards. Craig.

Got it now, uploading an email could be a real pain. To much formatting that you normal don't see, unless you display headers, etc.
I think the simplest would be a copy paste, paste the text into the body of a post.

Rod

Reactions: FVP2350
Thanks Rod, ill try that.
id like to post the correspondence as it may be of interest to other members.
regards , Craig

Dear DJI User,

This message is from DJI Support. A quote detailing the cost to repair your product Phantom 3 Standard is included in this Email. Click Repair Progress Inquiry for the detailed damage information. For further inquiries, please contact [email protected].

Proforma Invoice

Customer:

DJI Care Balance:

Quotation Date:

2017/8/23

VAT-NO:

Tax included:

Yes

Ship To:

Invoice To:

Remark:

No warranty unit the shell, mc, vib. plate and 2.4 cables broken the gimbal roll damaged

Item

Quantity

Unit Price(EUR)

Total Nett(EUR)

Roll-axis Bracket

Roll ESC Board

Roll-axis Cover

Phantom 3 ESC Central Board & Main Controller & Receiver 5.8G (Sta)

Phantom 3 Shell (Upper & Lower) (Sta)

Roll Motor

Repair Service Fee

Freight:

Discount:

DJI Care deduction:

Sub Total Payment:

VAT(at 21%):

Grand Total Payment:

Bank Account Info

Bank Name:

ING Bank N.V.

Bank Account:

DJI Europe BV

Swift Code:

INGBNL2A

IBAN:

NL62 INGB 0006 8044 24

Payment by Paypal: Payment Links

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

1. Please make sure the Case No. is included in your Payment Information when completing your transaction.
2. This invoice is valid for a period of 30 days from the date shown on this quotation.

This is an automated email. Please do not reply to this message. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

DJI EUROPE BV

Address: Bijdorp-Oost 6, 2992LA Barendrecht, The Netherlands
VAT No.: NL854549249B01

Best Regards,

DJI Support

Last edited:
Hi there Craig,

It appears you have not applied this case as a crash case and therefore the system did not partake the necessary steps to request your data analysis, as such it has not been performed.

If you still wish your data analysis to happen I will be in need of a filled in Analysis Form and your Flight Records.

I have attached the relevant documentation to this email.

Kind Regards,

DJI Support EU

Last edited:
Ive posted a couple of emails which hopefully show the breakdown of the repair estimate and the follow up reply from dji when I questioned it .they now have all they need and I'm waiting on the verdict.

Reactions: RodPad
Craig.......i would post all this info on the dji forum, the DJI associates over there are extremely helpful , they may be able to straighten this out for you .

Reactions: RodPad
Wow, go with @nwcove idea, It's free, just your time. :)

Rod

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Also delete your CAS number you just posted. Someone could use that, get your details and have the drone sent to them

Hi all , ive previously posted in the introduction area but thought this may be a better place to carry on.
basically my son flew his drone for the first time with me watching , he took off and landed a few times then tried flying around himself at very low level.
the next thing I saw was the drone lift into the air to around 5 m then flip upside down and fly into the field still upside down. my son dident seem to do anything to cause this. needles to say he was extremely upset as what he had saved up for for ages was now wrecked. ( gimbal and wiring is what I could see)
I have returned the drone to dji for them to look at and was hoping for some good will if it was not pilot error.
today I have received a quote from dji for £296 to repair with no explaination of what caused the crash.
there is no way callum can afford this ( he payed £450 for the drone) so we either get it returned and sell it for parts or I will have to pay the bill, although believe I'm being ripped off !
any thoughts on this would be great especially what could cause the upside down decent ? as I think even if we get it fixed its put callum off trying again.

I thought it was impossible to fly it upside down!!!! U couldn't do it I'd you tried, so that's sounds very strange. Poor young fellow, not a good introduction to this great pass time. I'm in Australia and cNt even get DJI to fix or look st anything so you should follow this up
All the best

I've got an update and it's good news !
I contacted dji support as I had not heard anything for a while , they replied saying that my case had been changed to warranty and repairs would take place shortly.
Three days later the drone arrived fully repaired. I've not had any correspondence to let me know what has been done or cause of crash but at least it's fixed .
All in all a good outcome, just got to get my son's confedance back to give it another go.
We would like to thank all of you who took the time to post replies , it is much appreciated.
Regards Callum and his dad.

If the drone was new. Then it should be covered by warranty. Accept nothing less than a new one. Sounds like a software issue.

I've got an update and it's good news !
I contacted dji support as I had not heard anything for a while , they replied saying that my case had been changed to warranty and repairs would take place shortly.
Three days later the drone arrived fully repaired. I've not had any correspondence to let me know what has been done or cause of crash but at least it's fixed .
All in all a good outcome, just got to get my son's confedance back to give it another go.
We would like to thank all of you who took the time to post replies , it is much appreciated.
Regards Callum and his dad.

:) :)

Result..........

I had a similar problem. First Phantom I bought wouldn’t connect to the remote control. I bought it from Maplins, so simply took it back to shop and walked out with a brand new one. Then something similar happened to Me with second one as You. I was flying beneath a tree, when all of a sudden, it flew straight up into branches of the tree, smashed around a bit and crashed to the ground, upside down, with rotors still turning.
There was no way I was going to deal with DJI.I simply took it straight back to shop & walked out with a third.
Luckily, everything has been fine since.
I’d by pass DJI,and take it back to the shop.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z