Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

Justin, you are doing a fantastic job replying to comments. Thank you. This speaks volumes for Airnest. I'm sold at $19.99 or so.

1. To make a straight line, can you add a feature where you tap a location for waypoint 1, then tap again to waypoint 2, and that will create the path?

2. Based on a previous post stating you are curving the waypoints, In the image below, will the craft fly the black route, having a very sharp 90 degree turn, or will it be more of a fast curve? (red route)

1.jpg

Jimmy

Reactions: Justin Miller
Jimmy,

Thank you , We are going to look into the straight line feature, technically this is not difficult. However, we need to deliberate on an intelligent method for doing this without creating complexity for those that don't want it or don't want to use it at a given moment. Design is very important here. One thing you will notice if you follow the development of the app is that we won't just cram a bunch of features together for the sake of having them, they must be intuitive for the user.

It is closer to the red line. Here is an approximation that I attempted to draw up as well.
waypoint example copy.jpg

Reactions: JamesD
Hi Everyone! I head up the design and user interface side of things here at Airnest. I wanted to jump in and say thanks for all the support and extremely valuable feedback. Let me know how I can help moving forward. It's great to be working with all of you!

Hi Everyone! I head up the design and user interface side of things here at Airnest. I wanted to jump in and say thanks for all the support and extremely valuable feedback. Let me know how I can help moving forward. It's great to be working with all of you!

1 more beta tester? Really loving what I see here and am DYING to try it out!

Reactions: Ben Brautigam
Just made my first 2 AirNest flights, in pretty nasty windy conditions. The app ran well, first flight was no POI and the P3P kept the camera faced forward perfectly. Second flight used POI and that worked flawlessly as well.

It was very windy you can see the P3P had a hard time flying 8mph back into the wind. It was gusting up to 20 mph.

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 14.03.27.jpg

Here is a video of the flights.

Just made my first 2 AirNest flights, in pretty nasty windy conditions. The app ran well, first flight was no POI and the P3P kept the camera faced forward perfectly. Second flight used POI and that worked flawlessly as well.

It was very windy you can see the P3P had a hard time flying 8mph back into the wind. It was gusting up to 20 mph.

View attachment 33708

Here is a video of the flights.

Gorgeous! All of the credit for handling for the wind goes to DJI! We just help program it, the drone itself is doing the flying!

Reactions: JamesD
We are now starting to gear up for launch. I am about to push what is hopefully our final update until post launch. We weren't able to get all of the feature requests in but we will continue to work on them! Prior to launch we will be opening up our Beta for a stress test and we will be running a competition. Stay tuned!

This video was all shot this past Thursday 10/15/15, all aerials were done using the Airnest app.

Last edited:
We are now starting to gear up for launch. I am about to push what is hopefully our final update until post launch. We weren't able to get all of the feature requests in but we will continue to work on them! Prior to launch we will be opening up our Beta for a stress test and we will be running a competition. Stay tuned!

This video was all shot this past Thursday 10/15/15, all aerials were done using the Airnest app.

Hi Justin,

I attempted to use this app today but could not get it to connect to the aircraft- the top right box was red informing me that it was not connected.

I was in F mode with a fully updated P3P and IPad running ios9.

Any idea? The DJI GO app worked fine

When you are setting the POI in path mode it is possible to zoom the map in/out and rotate it etc (which is a good thing) however doing so repositions the POI.

I believe this is because the POI is set when your finger touches rather than releases the screen. If it carried out this action when you released your 2nd finger would have to touched before your first released, this would allow you to tell the difference between a POI position and a map adjustment.

Hi Justin,

I attempted to use this app today but could not get it to connect to the aircraft- the top right box was red informing me that it was not connected.

I was in F mode with a fully updated P3P and IPad running ios9.

Any idea? The DJI GO app worked fine

If you are seeing red in the top right corner that means you are getting a Connection Broken, while we implemented the code for that we've never actually been able to see that issue in action. Do you have the latest firmware from DJI for both the drone and the remote? What drone are you flying? Is your DJI GO app fully updated? You may also want to unplug and plug in a couple of times to see if that changes it.

Thanks,

Justin

When you are setting the POI in patch mode it is possible to zoom the map in/out and rotate it etc (which is a good thing) however doing so repositions the POI.

I believe this is because the POI is set when your finger touches rather than releases the screen. If it carried out this action when you released your 2nd finger would have to touched before your first released, this would allow you to tell the difference between a POI position and a map adjustment.
You can zoom out, but you would have to reposition the POI. Of course if you wait until after setting the altitude you can zoom around then too.

You are correct a simple touch event will drop the POI pin.

You can zoom out, but you would have to reposition the POI. Of course if you wait until after setting the altitude you can zoom around then too.

You are correct a simple touch event will drop the POI pin.

The frustration occurs when.

Zoom map
Draw path
Zoom in to drop pin accurately
Try to zoom out to see whole path again (this part is not possible without the pin moving)

A tiny problem but hey, that's what beta testing is for!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart