Air Data says Motor is Blocked?

Well, using previously posted instructions, I've been able to download all the DJIFlightRecords from my iPad and the 22 most recent DAT files from the AC.

First, using Air Data I started looking at all my previous flights to see how long the "motor is blocked" Notifications have been showing up. To my surprise I've been getting these Notifications since August 11, 2015! Flights on August 8, 2015 and earlier all show no Notifications. Now, guess what I did between August 8 and August 11, 2015? I updated the FW to 1.3.20 ! Coincidence? Could be, but since I've stayed on FW 1.3.20 ever since then, perhaps that specific FW is somehow listing data differently causing false notifications and wild air speeds? I'm totally guessing of course.

Second, regarding the DAT files I have, for some reason the DAT file for the July 12, 2018 flight I reference in my original Post #1 above is not there. However I do have the DAT and DJIFlightRecords for the previous flight which I flew on July 4, 2018 which has the same "motor is blocked" Air Data Notifications and DJI Flight Log Viewer air speeds of over 100mph.

This is the link for the July 4, 2018 DJI Flight Log Viewer.

I've also uploaded the July 4, 2018 DAT file to my dropbox.

Any and all help would be most appreciated!

AdTHANKSvance

You can easily verify the problem by directly comparing that field
That works. Using that formula coincides with
CALC.hSpeed.running_max [m/s] 9.95 m/s = 22mph. Now if I can remember that, all is good. Thanks....

Well, using previously posted instructions, I've been able to download all the DJIFlightRecords from my iPad and the 22 most recent DAT files from the AC.

First, using Air Data I started looking at all my previous flights to see how long the "motor is blocked" Notifications have been showing up. To my surprise I've been getting these Notifications since August 11, 2015! Flights on August 8, 2015 and earlier all show no Notifications. Now, guess what I did between August 8 and August 11, 2015? I updated the FW to 1.3.20 ! Coincidence? Could be, but since I've stayed on FW 1.3.20 ever since then, perhaps that specific FW is somehow listing data differently causing false notifications and wild air speeds? I'm totally guessing of course.

Second, regarding the DAT files I have, for some reason the DAT file for the July 12, 2018 flight I reference in my original Post #1 above is not there. However I do have the DAT and DJIFlightRecords for the previous flight which I flew on July 4, 2018 which has the same "motor is blocked" Air Data Notifications and DJI Flight Log Viewer air speeds of over 100mph.

This is the link for the July 4, 2018 DJI Flight Log Viewer.

I've also uploaded the July 4, 2018 DAT file to my dropbox.

Any and all help would be most appreciated!

AdTHANKSvance

Unfortunately all your txt log files appear to have "OSD.isMotorBlocked" set to "True", which is the cause of those reported errors. That's likely a problem with the aircraft logging, so it may be a firmware issue. The DAT file is puzzling - it seems to be missing a number of data fields and there are apparent gaps (or more precisely, zeros) in the motor data near the start of the flight that could be causing issues. I would recommend updating to see if that fixes it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor