Air Data says Motor is Blocked?

Reaction score
I recently used Air Data for the first time on my P3P. I uploaded the last flight log and to my surprise it is showing repeated "motor is blocked" warnings through out the entire flight. All other shown log data (battery, GPS, compass, etc.) are normal.
A little history on my P3P.
I purchased it new on 6/29/2015.
It has never been in a crash.
It has performed flawlessly since Day 1.
All motors sound normal and spin freely - unchanged since Day 1.

The "motor is blocked" notifications appear through the entire flight:
Motor-is-blocked reports.JPG

And here is some of the log:

Motor-is-blocked reports2.JPG

I checked the Volts and Amps screen and amperage is mostly low and normal:

Motor-is-blocked reports-Amps.JPG

I wish I could see/show all my earlier logs but due to an un-retrievable lost password on my original DJI account, those logs (over 3 years of data!) are unavailable. So I don't know how long these "motor is blocked" notifications have been happening. (sigh)

So what is "motor is blocked" telling me?
Any ideas as to how to proceed?
adTHANKSvance

Airdata has done a recent new update so I'm guessing it's just a glitch that is replacing something else such as your speed or height etc..

Ok so my last flight was July 3rd, before the update, next time I do a flight I will check. Be interested to see if anyone else had that issue

Upload your flight log to DJI Flight Log Viewer look for errors with it, If you want others to view it, copy paste the result URL back here.

Rod

I highly doubt this is a true motor issue. You can do one of 3 things. 1) Upload your .txt log to the link @RodPad provided. 2) Make your Airdata FULLY sharable and place a link back here such that we can download the .csv file. 3) Pull the .dat file from the aircraft itself which will show the actual motor data if you really want to know if this is truely an issue, and upload that to a shareable site that we can download. We can provide instructions if needed.

Reactions: RodPad
I finally figured out how to get the file from my iPad Air2 over to my PC and up loaded it to DJI Flight Log Viewer.

This is the link

Other than Cell 3 showing an occasional 0.1 volt deviation and SPEEDs of over 100 MPG (??huh - how can that be??) I don't see anything else.
Any clues where I got so many "motor is blocked" warnings from Air Data?
Thanks for any help!

There are no warning whatsoever in this file. There must be an issue with Airdata.

Additionally, the .txt log from the device does not report motor data. We would need the aircraft .dat file for that to confirm an actual issue.

@Fly Dawg,
You got any thoughts on his speeds over 30mph to 220 mph?

@TeeJayN,
Playback your flight on your app, what speeds are on the Playback?

Rod

Not off the top of my head, but I have seen these kinds of numbers before. Actually several times. A calculation error would be my guess. I'd like to see the Airdata .csv as a comparison. If it shows the same numbers, then I would say for certain, a calculation error.

Thanks, I had never seen anything that severe and far that long.

Rod

@Fly Dawg,

@TeeJayN,
Playback your flight on your app, what speeds are on the Playback?

Rod
The playback air speed on my iPad Air2 is normal. For example, at 1m 37s when DJI Flight Log Viewer shows my speed at 117 mph my iPad playback shows a H.S Speed of 9 mph.

I don't know if this makes a difference but back in 2015 I stopped doing updates at FW 1.3.20, DJI Go 2.0.0, and iOS 8.4.1. There were too many "issues" with the next few updates, and since I've always had minimal problems, I'm happy/prefer to keep my P3P at those releases.

I don't know if this makes a difference but back in 2015 I stopped doing updates at FW 1.3.20, DJI Go 2.0.0, and iOS 8.4.1.
Unknown, but possible. I stopped FW updates a long time ago as well, but keep the apps up to date. Have had no issues.

Additionally, the .txt log from the device does not report motor data. We would need the aircraft .dat file for that to confirm an actual issue.

But note that the txt log does contain the data field "OSD.isMotorBlocked", which is set to either "True" or "False".

But note that the txt log does contain the data field "OSD.isMotorBlocked", which is set to either "True" or "False".
True, but this is one I did not convert separately until just now, and it is indeed set "TRUE" the entire time. I am starting to use the other converter more often, but did not initially in this case. Didn't really think about it quite honestly.

True, but this is one I did not convert separately until just now, and it is indeed set "TRUE" the entire time. I am starting to use the other converter more often, but did not initially in this case. Didn't really think about it quite honestly.

OK - so that field should be set to "False" so this was not an AirData issue, and if it was not real then it was a logging problem.

OK - so that field should be set to "False" so this was not an AirData issue
Agreed, and on a different note. Any information on the "speed" issue? I have not seen that explained before, and do not see that in the other converted .csv. If you take CUSTOM.hSpeed [m/s] and convert that to mph, it is approximately 22 mph top speed. The m/s values in the Phantom Pilot .csv are far different.

Agreed, and on a different note. Any information on the "speed" issue? I have not seen that explained before, and do not see that in the other converted .csv. If you take CUSTOM.hSpeed [m/s] and convert that to mph, it is approximately 22 mph top speed. The m/s values in the Phantom Pilot .csv are far different.

"CUSTOM_hSpeed__m_s_" is exactly a factor of 10 too low - it's a known issue.

"CUSTOM_hSpeed__m_s_" is exactly a factor of 10 too low - it's a known issue.
Maybe I am just not understanding correctly, but when you say the above, agreed that the "CUSTOM.hSpeed [m/s] is a factor of 10, if you look at the Phantom Pilots .csv which shows approximately 200mph ( which is not real ), so taking that in to account I am "assuming" ( possibly wrongly) that the Phantom Pilots conversion is the "known issue"? If so, then I fully understand what you are saying.

Maybe I am just not understanding correctly, but when you say the above, agreed that the "CUSTOM.hSpeed [m/s] is a factor of 10, if you look at the Phantom Pilots .csv which shows approximately 200mph ( which is not real ), so taking that in to account I am "assuming" ( possibly wrongly) that the Phantom Pilots conversion is the "known issue"? If so, then I fully understand what you are saying.

Sorry - I should have been clearer. The conversion of "CUSTOM_hSpeed__m_s_" by TXTlogToCSVtool is a factor of 10 too low, and will be in any csv log version converted with that tool. You can easily verify the problem by directly comparing that field with √{(OSD_xSpeed__m_s_)² + (OSD_ySpeed__m_s_)²}.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl