Aftermarket OEM Phantom 2 Battery

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Has anyone heard of an aftermarket / OEM battery for the Phantom 2 yet? $159 is a lot, I understand it's a really nice battery but I'm hoping someone has heard of something that might be less expensive coming out.

Not going to happen any time soon I fear.

So far it has been confirmed(ish) that the P2 comes with a special NAZA that requires a hand shake from the DJI battery to fly. Current option is to buy a non P2 NAZA and fit it... which of course isn't worth it by a long shot.
Trust me people are working pretty hard to find a solution: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2085480

... but right now it seems we'll need to hack the NAZA itself to get the secrets unlocked and no one has done that since its conception.

jodaddy23 said:
$159.00 for a 5200 battery isn't that bad really .

The DJI battery is really quite good, but on a purely economic front, $50-70 for a ~5500mah 3s battery is more in the ballpark. $100 on top of that is a steep price.

I do agree that the battery is nice and the flight time is great, just hoping something comes up soon so I could buy a couple extra and not be out $318 lol.

DeweyAXD said:

So far it has been confirmed(ish) that the P2 comes with a special NAZA that requires a hand shake from the DJI battery to fly. Current option is to buy a non P2 NAZA and fit it... which of course isn't worth it by a long shot.
Trust me people are working pretty hard to find a solution: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2085480

... but right now it seems we'll need to hack the NAZA itself to get the secrets unlocked and no one has done that since its conception.

The connection "handshake" between the battery and the NAZA is what turned me off of getting the P2. I have the P1 and was looking forward to the change. I do alot of on-road and off-road RC so I've already got a great Hyperion Charger in which I can charge my lipos really quick but being tied to one charger and one battery just wasn't for me.

FangsCPO said:
DeweyAXD said:

The connection "handshake" between the battery and the NAZA is what turned me off of getting the P2. I have the P1 and was looking forward to the change. I do alot of on-road and off-road RC so I've already got a great Hyperion Charger in which I can charge my lipos really quick but being tied to one charger and one battery just wasn't for me.

You should look here my friend....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7017

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7031

A bit of work but it has all the benefits with none of the handshake drawbacks (at a fraction of the cost!).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl