After update 1.7 i cannot get my p3s to connect

So even though ur supposed to upgrade through app only u can down grade with SD card?

As papatita said, try this. There are a quite a few threads on downgrading p3s via sd card. You can get the firmware from phantomhelp.com. Do you know what firmware the craft came with originally?

@vakev540
Hey guy, the pinch your in, I would try @PapaTita procedure.
Updated via SD card?, is new around April this year, I can fine the info, but really not important.

The correct way or recommended way, is the app. The remote, my theory from the past, gets updated from the bird.
I can dig that up, if you think it will help.

In your posts I didn't see any information about the status of the power light on the remote or the status light on the bottom of the Phantom.

I also didn't see what model you have, can you swap remotes and birds?

There is one more thought that I have tried to focus on, and that is leaving the remote on after a firmware update. Restart the phantom after the firmware says complete, leave the remote and the Mobile device on until the phantom is completely turned back on. Seems stupid, but it is the only thing that I have seen and unclear in the firmware instructions. :rolleyes:

Rod

i appreciate it rod. ima try a couple things today and see what i can get done. first i want tot try and downgrade it. i swear when i first powered it on it was going to work fine. the app screen was all good and could see through the camera.

ok. first of thanks everyone for trying to help me out. i tried to down grade and this is the message i recieved once i pulled the s.d. card out to check to see if it was successful.

========== 2016.12.21 12:04:44 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version

any help is appreciated

any help is appreciated

Try linking YOUR controller to his bird, and vise-versa. If your controller works, it should work on his bird. If his controller works, it should work on your bird. Should might be an understatement. I ran into this issue with both my P3S and P3A. Always good to have a spare controller on hand when one goes to sh!t. And, you could always "loan" him yours until his can be fixed, then swap it back. The kid will be none the wiser.

ok. first of thanks everyone for trying to help me out. i tried to down grade and this is the message i recieved once i pulled the s.d. card out to check to see if it was successful.

========== 2016.12.21 12:04:44 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version

any help is appreciated
From 1.7.9 only can downgrade to 1.6.8

Bottom line is this.......Your bird got upgraded and for some reason your controller didn't. TRUST ME.....I've been down this road. If you know of someone else with a P3S that has upgraded to 1.7.9 you can borrow their controller and relink. There are a couple of ways to do this.

I'm sorry to say but the only way to fix is by sending to a authorized DJI repair dealer

Bottom line is this.......Your bird got upgraded and for some reason your controller didn't. TRUST ME.....I've been down this road. If you know of someone else with a P3S that has upgraded to 1.7.9 you can borrow their controller and relink. There are a couple of ways to do this.

I'm sorry to say but the only way to fix is by sending to a authorized DJI repair dealer

You are telling this guy to give up? You may be correct.
What would we all like to see is posted information from you and others that didn't work, so we don't waist time on which has been proved to fail.

Rod

So my story is already on here but.......I waited for almost 2 weeks for the update banner to show up and it never did so I decided to upgrade via the SD card. I could not connect to my controller afterwards......no matter WHAT I tried. After a couple of phone calls to STC Electronics Tech Support in NY they came to the conclusion that my controller never got upgraded and I had to send it to them.

When it returned, everything was upgraded but I significantly lost range.....don't want to get into that here as this is not what this thread is all about.

As has been stated in some other threads on this site, if for some reason you don't get the update, LEAVE IT ALONE!!! From what I gather?????? sooner or later it'll come.

@vakev540
As I asked to you, do you have the same model P3S, and @RadRich was going the same direction can you test or swap remotes for a test?

Rod

So my story is already on here but.......I waited for almost 2 weeks for the update banner to show up and it never did so I decided to upgrade via the SD card. I could not connect to my controller afterwards......no matter WHAT I tried. After a couple of phone calls to STC Electronics Tech Support in NY they came to the conclusion that my controller never got upgraded and I had to send it to them.

When it returned, everything was upgraded but I significantly lost range.....don't want to get into that here as this is not what this thread is all about.

As has been stated in some other threads on this site, if for some reason you don't get the update, LEAVE IT ALONE!!! From what I gather?????? sooner or later it'll come.

Thanks for the reply :) Really.
But us, that really appreciate helping others out, need some facts.
Been hanging out here for a while, and have seen people (turds), that have actually posted that they lost their drone and need help finding it. :rolleyes:

Your not actually responding to me, if you post your information with links it will be helping out others. ;)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT