After update 1.7 i cannot get my p3s to connect

Reaction score
I feel really bad for this guy. i basically talked him into getting a p3s for his son for christmas. he knew i had one but was leary of the price. i told him how easy it is to use and set up. i also told him i would set it up for him. he bought it. i started setting it up and as soon as we connected you could see the camera view. then it asked for an update. we (by we i mean i) updated and now it will not connect, no camera view, nothing. spent 1 hour on the phone with DJI tech support and was a complete waste of time. tried linking rc through app and manually about a dozen times. uninstalling app and reinstalling a dozen times. DJI suggest we send it back for service. christmas is in 4 days. someone please help.

Assuming that you followed the upgrade exactly as intended, did you select the phantom wifi in your device? The app is registered with dji? Trying to think of simple things. If you check out the upgrade link for PS3 from msinger on this forum, check that you did the upgrade as per his instructions.

Assuming that you followed the upgrade exactly as intended, did you select the phantom wifi in your device? The app is registered with dji? Trying to think of simple things. If you check out the upgrade link for PS3 from msinger on this forum, check that you did the upgrade as per his instructions.

Thanks for the reply. there really wasn't any instructions. it said I needed anot update. so clicked update. I had to download it through regular WiFi. then hook the the controllers WiFi and install on aircraft

Controller updates seperately from drone.

Drone updates with .bin on SD card. Controller updates through DJI go app.

So I need to grab the latest update and put on my SD card. I though the SD card was just for pics

Ok....I hope ur right. I didn't have to do anything special 6 months ago when I unbound mine. so we will see....thanks

Click link. 3rd down. dude says standards are to be updated through app not SD card what so you think

P3S updates through the go app only. It's quite confusing as it's the only model that updates both radio and craft together.

vakev - can you still control the aircraft? Even without camera view, if it is linked you should be able to tilt the gimbal and arm the craft.

There is no connection to the air craft. like I try to calibrate and it says no connection

I feel like it was going to work until I updated. so it seems logical if I could downgrade everything would be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20