Advice Wanted, P3A

Curious why you didn't calibrate the compass after getting the error message?

Screenshot_2015-10-22-18-24-02.png
Screenshot_2015-10-22-18-23-57.png
Curious why you didn't calibrate the compass after getting the error message?
I did compass calibration prior to flight, & another one previous to the second flight after getting the error. I also had an all system check green sign from the DJI go app previous to flight, so that couldn't of been the problem. My new P3A fly's great, aside from the defective battery, unfortunately now ill be forced to call Amazon again & hope they would just replace the battery, i really do hope they just send a new battery, as the unit fly's great, i hope i don't have to do the return process all over again!
Jeeez no good luck for you!
Tell me about it, surely I hope they can just replace the battery, as my new unit fly's great!
Above is what i am seeing for the battery on the DJI GO App, surely there is no fixing this, correct?

Last edited:
Also, no rocking on descent or GPS errors
First off glad you got a resolution to your satisfaction.

Nothing to do with GPS errors but keep in mind if you reduce the braking value in moderate winds that can/will help reduce wobbles - the P3 wont stop as quick depending on the amount you reduce the braking by, but it wont constantly be overcorrecting/constantly correcting as much. Test it out on a calm day to see how the values change the flight characteristics.

I hope they can just replace the battery
Wow that pack is way out of balance.
The best thing would be to return it. That being said if your comfortable you could open the pack up drain/balance the three high cells down to the low cell - then charge the pack and see if it balances. To do the above assume you have knowledge of LiPos and bench/hobby charger. Its a risk - might not work. So you might be better to just send the pack back to DJI if Amazon wont exchange just the pack which I bet they wont do since it was sold as one SKU#.

Wow that pack is way out of balance.
The best thing would be to return it. That being said if your comfortable you could open the pack up drain/balance the three high cells down to the low cell - then charge the pack and see if it balances. To do the above assume you have knowledge of LiPos and bench/hobby charger. Its a risk - might not work. So you might be better to just send the pack back to DJI if Amazon wont exchange just the pack which I bet they wont do since it was sold as one SKU#.
I have a question, just out of curiosity since you seem experienced with this particular issue, what would happen if someone flew with a battery in this shape? What is the lowest voltage on 1 cell that the battery would still allow power to a phantom 3? Thanks!

Evening - you run the risk of permently damaging the cell not to mention the possibility of power failure durning flight.

LiPo cells should not be discharged below 3volt and a better practice is not to discharge then to past 3.5/6 per cell.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl