Advice Phantom 3 Aerial Mapping / Photo

Reaction score
Hi, I have a phantom 3 that I want to produce a hi resolution aerial image of a garden for the purpose of identifying the plants on a sheet. I need to be able to identify a plant down to 6" size in the image.

What process do you recommend ? I am considering using drone deploy to take the images and reassemble them. What height and overlap would you recommend, it is about an acre in size ? Drone deploy says that the software can get 2cm per pixel, is there any other software that would allow me to photomerge the images to get an even higher resolution ?

I assume even if I use dronedeploy to take the photos, I could try merging them in photoshop at full resolution? Or with a different program. I don't need a 3d model, just a 2d image.

How would you professionals accomplish such a task? Thanks

Look at Maps Made Easy. You can plan and fly your missions using their app then upload the pictures to their site for processing. And as long as you stay below the 260 point threshold, the processing is free. You can adjust the altitude of the missions to get the desired ground resolution. At around 200 agl, my processed ortho picture yielded 1 cm gsd.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl